Ennis has not hired an agent, maybe he's not leaving | Syracusefan.com

Ennis has not hired an agent, maybe he's not leaving

Dave85

Living Legend
I think Tuesday is the last day he can announce he's backing out of going into the NBA draft.

"I did speak with Tyler’s father earlier today, Tony McIntyre, and he has not hired an agent yet."

http://sujuiceonline.com/2014/04/09...ng-syracuse-tyler-ennis-hasnt-hired-an-agent/

Gee, I guess I am not the only one who thinks he is not physically ready: "Jim, he’s a Hall of Fame coach and he’s entitled to his opinion. He’s probably right that Tyler could use another year to get stronger and more physically ready."

I think he is waiting to see what the Harrison twins do. They had a very good tournament and are physically ready for the NBA.

I still wouldn't count on him backing out. If he does we will be incredibly lucky. It's just best to assume he is leaving and move on.

Good news is it's best to assume Grants decision is coming very soon.

Old news, he has been thinking about coming back for some time now.

I think he is waiting to see what the Harrison twins do. They had a very good tournament and are physically ready for the NBA.

Not a factor at all. Neither Harrison is going to be drafted ahead of Ennis.

Everyone will admit Ennis needs to get stronger, but again, you leave when draft value is at its highest point and not when the player is "ready"

I think Tuesday is the last day he can announce he's backing out of going into the NBA draft.

"I did speak with Tyler’s father earlier today, Tony McIntyre, and he has not hired an agent yet."

http://sujuiceonline.com/2014/04/09...ng-syracuse-tyler-ennis-hasnt-hired-an-agent/

Gee, I guess I am not the only one who thinks he is not physically ready: "Jim, he’s a Hall of Fame coach and he’s entitled to his opinion. He’s probably right that Tyler could use another year to get stronger and more physically ready."

Wonder why Jabari Parker, a guaranteed top 3 pick, is hesitating about coming out, when Ennis seemingly can't wait to fly out the door.

Full_Rebar said:
Not a factor at all. Neither Harrison is going to be drafted ahead of Ennis. Everyone will admit Ennis needs to get stronger, but again, you leave when draft value is at its highest point and not when the player is "ready"

Right now they wouldn't. But if they shine and Ennis flops during the workouts they could be closer than people think.

The Harrison twins in the NBA is laughable. They could barely get the ball over half court on Boatright and Napier, imagine how that is going to be against guys like, wall, westbrook, Paul, derek rose...etc

Cusefan0307 said:
The Harrison twins in the NBA is laughable. They could barely get the ball over half court on Boatright and Napier, imagine how that is going to be against guys like, wall, westbrook, Paul, derek rose...etc

Made it to the national championship game with them in the backcourt. That's pretty laughable too. :/

Eh, based on everything we've heard, they'll be late 1sts-early 2nds.

Eh, based on everything we've heard, they'll be late 1sts-early 2nds.
Thats where I would place them now to, but I think they have the potential to do very well in the workouts.

Thats where I would place them now to, but I think they have the potential to do very well in the workouts.

I suppose. We'll see. I think they're more likely to disappoint than Ennis. Ennis will have low expectations athletically, so if he can just do an average job, it'll likely help him. I expect that the Harrisons will only be average as well, but people will probably expect more from them so it could stall their rise in draft stock from the tournament.

I'd personally take Andrew over Ennis in the draft, but I don't think many NBA teams will agree with that.

Not a factor at all. Neither Harrison is going to be drafted ahead of Ennis.

Everyone will admit Ennis needs to get stronger, but again, you leave when draft value is at its highest point and not when the player is "ready"

It's still a big gamble to leave when you're " not ready". If you leave, you better get ready quickly otherwise you'll be in the D League or on the bench, and then out of the league in a few years.

Ennis is gone. The only thing to do is root for him and hope he's more Dion than Donte.

Jabari Parker will always be a top 5 pick. Tyler will never get picked higher than this year; unless he grows about 4".

I don't agree with that at all, If Ennis has a good year he will get picked higher next year. If Parker is having serious thoughts about leaving, than Ennis should as well.

Wonder why Jabari Parker, a guaranteed top 3 pick, is hesitating about coming out, when Ennis seemingly can't wait to fly out the door.

Parker has said he has unfinished business at Duke and doesn't want to leave his coach and program in a bind. He also wants to play w/ his Chicago buddy, Okafor. Can't fault Tyler for selling when his stock's highest, but Parker's perspective and loyalty are impressive.

Parker has said he has unfinished business at Duke and doesn't want to leave his coach and program in a bind. He also wants to play w/ his Chicago buddy, Okafor. Can't fault Tyler for selling when his stock's highest, but Parker's perspective and loyalty are impressive.

I wish Ennis had that same mindset.

Until he gets hurt. Jabari will be the #1 pick this year. Right now. Why would you gamble that away? All he needs to do is call Joel Embiid and find out how one fractured vertebrae can change your lot in the draft. If Parker comes back, more power to him...but it's a gamble and a risk.

Until he gets hurt. Jabari will be the #1 pick this year. Right now. Why would you gamble that away? All he needs to do is call Joel Embiid and find out how one fractured vertebrae can change your lot in the draft. If Parker comes back, more power to him...but it's a gamble and a risk.

No question it's a risk, but I don't think it's a big one. He'll have an insurance policy, and the likelihood he'll have a career-ending injury is very, very low.

Parker's a unique kid. He doesn't come from much but also said recently the money means doesn't mean anything to him. He feels he owes his school and coach more than he gave them this year. That's very admirable and refreshing. He's focused on the journey, not the destination. Good for him.