Ennis has not hired an agent, maybe he's not leaving | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis has not hired an agent, maybe he's not leaving

Until he gets hurt. Jabari will be the #1 pick this year. Right now. Why would you gamble that away? All he needs to do is call Joel Embiid and find out how one fractured vertebrae can change your lot in the draft. If Parker comes back, more power to him...but it's a gamble and a risk.

I think he's more likely to be the 3rd or 4th pick than the 1st if he were to come out this year.

Parker's gone. Not sure why he's dragging it out, but depending on the team he's got a very good shot at going #1. I think Embiid's injury is going to take him out of the running for #1 and not everyone loves Wiggins.

No question it's a risk, but I don't think it's a big one. He'll have an insurance policy, and the likelihood he'll have a career-ending injury is very, very low.

Parker's a unique kid. He doesn't come from much but also said recently the money means doesn't mean anything to him. He feels he owes his school and coach more than he gave them this year. That's very admirable and refreshing. He's focused on the journey, not the destination. Good for him.

Got to be impressed with Parker's thoughtfulness about the impact of his decision no matter what direction he chooses. He seems to understand that it's not solely about me, myself and I.

Got to be impressed with Parker's thoughtfulness about the impact of his decision no matter what direction he chooses. He seems to understand that it's not solely about me, myself and I.

Like Captain said above, Jabari has the luxury of knowing he's a top 5 pick and immediate impact player whenever he decides to leave. Getting back on topic, Tyler doesn't have that luxury, and that's why I don't fault him for leaving at all. One could construe my post as an implicit dig at Tyler, and that wasn't my intention. The selfish fan in me would love for him to return. I'd leave if I was him. Seeing Parker stay another year would be a big win for college bball. Tyler doing so would be as well.

I think he's more likely to be the 3rd or 4th pick than the 1st if he were to come out this year.
Absolutely. Embiid/wiggins are stone cold set 1 and 2.

Let's not laud Parker's loyalty yet - still a couple days before a decision needs to be reached.

When he says he's staying, then you can applaud. Until then...

Wonder why Jabari Parker, a guaranteed top 3 pick, is hesitating about coming out, when Ennis seemingly can't wait to fly out the door.

Are you insinuating JB does not command as much loyalty as Coach K? I don't think it's that simple.

I think Parker should go because he had Anthony like numbers and will clearly be a first round pick. There's nothing really more Parker can do at the CBB level to improve his draft situation. Ennis on the other hand, has lots of work to do. Ennis is not strong or fast enough. He needs to work on his 3-point shooting. And it is not clear he will be a lottery pick or early second round. We will know this week if he decides to back out.

Are you insinuating JB does not command as much loyalty as Coach K? I don't think it's that simple.

I think Parker should go because he had Anthony like numbers and will clearly be a first round pick. There's nothing really more Parker can do at the CBB level to improve his draft situation. Ennis on the other hand, has lots of work to do. Ennis is not strong or fast enough. He needs to work on his 3-point shooting. And it is not clear he will be a lottery pick or early second round. We will know this week if he decides to back out.

Ennis is a guaranteed top 20 pick.

Honestly, it's smart for Ennis to not hire an agent yet. It leaves all of his options on the table. Waiting to hire an agent until after the deadline to withdraw still leaves you with a full 2+ months until the draft. More than enough time for an agent to do his job and work you into the best possible draft position.

I'm not implying anything about either coach. I am suggesting far more benign--it's interesting how much public waffling Parker is showing while Ennis seems to have made his choice even before the season was over. Parker appears to be considering for a longer period of time other factors that Ennis perhaps brushed off. Actually, that Parker seems to be a clear top 3 or so pick makes what he's doing even more curious--based on the "exposure" argument, which I think doesn't make any sense, he shouldn't come back because he'll be even more "exposed" as a poor, slow-footed defender and his stock will drop. Or, he could suffer a career-ending injury--a rare event in college hoop. Yet he's thinking about it. Hmmmm...Ennis, if he returned, supposedly wouldn't improve his draft stock, which also doesn't make much sense (if he fills out and totally dominates the game like a grown man not a boy, he wouldn't move up to a higher slot?) and he, too, could get hurt and blow it all. Overall, Parker has less to gain than Ennis by staying but Ennis ran to the door and Parker has mulled it over for weeks now.

I agree with this - and yet can't shake the feeling that if he was my kid and I was counseling him on the $ x years in the NBA... is staying really a wise choice for his career?

Am I the only one that nearly completely loses interest in them when they're not wearing a Syracuse jersey?

No, you are not. Sure, I know it could help recruiting and stuff, but I really don't care. Also, I don't root for any of them to fail, but I really don't care where they go, how long they play, if they win or lose, etc.

Other than Carmelo, Dion and MCW, I don't know if we have anybody in the NBA and I certainly don't know what team they play for. (And Dion and MCW only because they just recently got drafted and I haven't heard about any trades).

No, you are not. Sure, I know it could help recruiting and stuff, but I really don't care. Also, I don't root for any of them to fail, but I really don't care where they go, how long they play, if they win or lose, etc.

Other than Carmelo, Dion and MCW, I don't know if we have anybody in the NBA and I certainly don't know what team they play for. (And Dion and MCW only because they just recently got drafted and I haven't heard about any trades).

i follow everyone.

wes johnson has had a pretty good yera for the lakers, ao and james have been in and out of the league 3 and 2 times so far this year.

You have a better chance of winning the lottery then Ennis coming back

I found three lottery tickets on the ground in my life. None of them were winners. You know, your chances of winning the lottery go up dramatically if you buy just one ticket. But two, not so much.