Ennis not a 1 and done player per Jim Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

Ennis not a 1 and done player per Jim Boeheim

No one has ever even hinted he could be one and done
I think i've heard rumblings of from people who think he will jump ship at the end of the season. Don't know the exact posts though.

I think i've heard rumblings of from people who think he will jump ship at the end of the season. Don't know the exact posts though.
I should clarify. No one with any expertise has ever stated it. I'm sure "orangeglasses69" or whatever might have said it

Really? What is that you think he needs to improve on? I'm curious because he seems much more of a finished product than MCW was last year.

I should clarify. No one with any expertise has ever stated it. I'm sure "orangeglasses69" or whatever might have said it
Haha that makes more sense to me. You're definitely right about that.

Really? What is that you think he needs to improve on? I'm curious because he seems much more of a finished product than MCW was last year.

He doesn't run the transition very well right now. He tends to pull back or as today when he decided to try to push the ball today it typically resulted in a missed layup. I am sure this is something he will improve on, but you asked.

He also doesn't have MCW's height, which is important in the world of draft position.

These next three years could be something very special. We look solid this year. Next year with McCullough and a legitimate guard backup we should be great. In 2015 we may have the best Orange team of the century.

I
He doesn't run the transition very well right now. He tends to pull back or as today when he decided to try to push the ball today it typically resulted in a missed layup. I am sure this is something he will improve on, but you asked.

He also doesn't have MCW's height, which is important in the world of draft position.
I noticed that's pretty nitt picky. His height is fine btw. Like I said he's a pretty finished product at this point in his career. Look I hope he does stay 2 years that would be incredible. I just don't see it.

Saw a recent NBA write up about the top freshman in CBB. It had 5 names on it and broke down who they compare to at the next level. The article was written to determine whether this upcoming draft is the best since 2003.

Those names were:
-Parker = Glenn Robinson
-Randle = Zack Randolph
-Gordon = Kenneth Faried
-Wiggins = Rudy Gay
-Ennis = Andre Miller

He clearly needs to work on finishing at the rim. He also needs to establish himself as an outside shooter. He's shown flashes but needs to show more from outside.

I'd like to see him work on penetrating and then passing out to the wings for wide open 3 pointers. He also needs to improve as an overall passer IMHO. He does a fantastic job not turning the ball over. But he could do a better job getting the ball to people in the proper spots and penetrating and dishing inside. He had a nice one to Grant today.

He's better than MCW at scoring and not turning the ball over. He's not as good at passing and defense. I hope he can become an even better passer and I expect that with time. He'll never be the defensive player MCW is.

Even with all that, he is arguably the best point guard in the nation right now. What a run of point guards we have had lately!

I think a lot of how good he becomes in the future hinges on his commitment to the weight room and track. His game is already so mature, but it's pretty clear he can gain a lot of strength.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom