Ennis' one hand, underhand scoop shot... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis' one hand, underhand scoop shot...

Is a thing. That's 2-3 times now. It's a crazy sick flip shot that I have no idea how it works.

It's one if those plays basketball players make, that athletes who play basketball can't.

Sick sick sick basket.
also love the way he uncannily floats it off the backboard with high arc - he uses the board but barely uses it... it's hard to get away with making shots like that but he's got it down

He needs to more aggressive on offense. .

I think Ennis has two gears: Second and Third. He doesn't have a fourth gear like Grant. He has a very consistent style of play. At one point when Ennis was leading a fast break and before he got to the arc the entire Miami team got back on defense. I then had the realization that this year's team is not going to get many fast break points. But who cares because Ennis is so good at everything else he does.

I absolutely love Ennis (even though he is Canadian), but he does miss a lot of layups.

The layups Ennis misses are crazy angle shots with lots of finger spin. I really think at some point in his career he will start making these types of shots. He may not show it on his face but I think he still has freshmen jitters disease which is causing in to rush his shots by a few degrees.

The layups Ennis misses are crazy angle shots with lots of finger spin. I really think at some point in his career he will start making these types of shots. He may not show it on his face but I think he still has freshmen jitters disease which is causing in to rush his shots by a few degrees.
i definitely agree. When that happens... all other teams... will die.

Very weird indeed. It's like he needs defenders in front of him to make those scoop lay ups but totally bricks fast break layups when he's already blown by the defender. Maybe he needs to scoop it on break always?
It'd be pretty funny if on the break he totally stopped and did a full scoop.

He seems to miss every layup where he tries to go under the rim to finish on the other side. Probably hitting about 15% of those. He needs more english!

Agree. But he's obviously comfortable with that up and under shot, so it will be interesting to see if it starts dropping.

I went from "OMG, NO!!" to "OMG, YES!!" in nanoseconds.

That's what she said.

But Tyler's game is really fun. The fact that even when he was having a fairly poor game he still had the confidence to make that shot is awesome. Miami played a really smart game and as bad as we looked I never thought we would lose.

As an aside, did anyone know that Miami has a "young" 18 year old freshman from Belgium?

It's pretty weird how great and horrible he is at the rim all at the same time
Great finisher in the half court...not so great in fast break

Seems to me that many of his missed lay ups are because he doesn't go up strong. He is mostly a below the rim player despite his recent high flying dunk.

Worth noting about this shot, he drove thru the entire Miami team, all within a step or two from him, while all the other SU players were on the outside unable to help - slick, slick, slick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom