Ennis the Recruiter | Syracusefan.com

Ennis the Recruiter

pearl31

in cahoots
From Evan Williams' blog:
Following his official announcement, Ennis texted me that he plans to recruit fellow 2013 recruits to SU. Atop his shopping list: Sparta (NJ) power forward Jermaine Lawrence, an SU lean, and Chester (PA) small forward Rondae Jefferson, who is also considering Syracuse. :)

Be nice if he could talk his AAU pal Wiggins into cuse. Doubt it... but worth a shot

Being a teammate of Briscoe at St Benedicts is very helpful as well.

From Evan Williams' blog:
Following his official announcement, Ennis texted me that he plans to recruit fellow 2013 recruits to SU. Atop his shopping list: Sparta (NJ) power forward Jermaine Lawrence, an SU lean, and Chester (PA) small forward Rondae Jefferson, who is also considering Syracuse. :)

If this kid wasn't good at basketball he clearly would be a poster on this forum with his love of SU.

I think he is going to a fan favorite in the dome. His game, his BB IQ, all of it. He's gonna have a great time at Syracuse!

I think he is going to a fan favorite in the dome. His game, his BB IQ, all of it. He's gonna have a great time at Syracuse!
I think you're right, Houston. He's got playmaker written all over him ... and seems to have the kind of winning mentality we want at the point, not to mention that he's helping the program before he even arrives by recruiting more talent.

i absolutely hate it when schools like kentucky (magliore) and/or texas (joseph,tristan thompson) out recruit us in toronto. it's basically our backyard crissakes. texas thinks it's now southern toronto. maybe we should look into playing a few more games in canada. ain't much gas. love the looney.

and this being said a most hearty welcome to tyler ennis.

maybe we should look into playing a few more games in canada. ain't much gas. love the looney.
I wonder if a 1-1-1 with MSU including a Toronto gig would be feasible.

Probably too much of a hassle dealing with passports, etc..

I wonder if a 1-1-1 with MSU including a Toronto gig would be feasible.

Probably too much of a hassle dealing with passports, etc..
You just wonder how many people would come out to a game in Toronto. When the Cuse played in Buffalo in the NCAA's a couple years ago, we went up there on the off day. We went to a sports bar and had to ask to have a TV turned on to hoops, so we could watch Northern Iowa beat Kansas. Everyone else in the place were watching the Maple Leafs.

The concept is intriguing however.

We need a pipeline to TO since they have a lot of talent there.

You just wonder how many people would come out to a game in Toronto. When the Cuse played in Buffalo in the NCAA's a couple years ago, we went up there on the off day. We went to a sports bar and had to ask to have a TV turned on to hoops, so we could watch Northern Iowa beat Kansas. Everyone else in the place were watching the Maple Leafs.

The concept is intriguing however.

This is off the thread, but Buffalo, for some reason, is on an island. We've gotten a couple recruits from there (Flynn and Harris). But from what I gather, fans at the bars there don't watch many 'Cuse games. Rarely do I see people from Buffalo attend SU FB or BB games (it's 2 + hours drive). And it's not just SU; they seem mostly indifferent to everything else going on in the state sports wise, except hockey (which I don't follow). Maybe it's the economic problems, not sure. Chippewa street has some great bars (open to 4am) but the tax base is shreaded and the City almost went bankrupt 2 years ago.

Not surprisingly, for at least the last 20 years, the local pro team - Bills - have pretended that SU doesn't exist. They don't draft SU kids and they don't consider UDFA's from the 'Cuse ... they give us ZERO respect. Maybe it has to do with Polian (former Bills GM) going to the Colts... not sure why the SU-blacklist exists. But it does. And it hasn't gone away since the Bills captured St. John Fisher college in Rochester and turned it into a practice facility with a small college attached.

My guess is, SU could play naked in Toronto and Buffalo wouldn't give a hoot.

He will, don't worry about that.

Francis, when you talk, I listen! Are you serious about Wiggins potentially coming here and Ennis' relationship helping with that decision??????

Since Wiggins is the class of 2014, does that mean you see Ennis as more than a one-and-done? I have heard Wiggins described as the best talent at that age since Labron. Should I start making reservations for the Final Four in 2015 right now?

I haven't seen anyone suggest Ennis could be a one and done. I get the impression he's at least a three year player, especially if he's playing behind MCW his first year.

Wiggins and Ennis don't play the same position so one have no affect on the other regarding playing time

Francis, when you talk, I listen! Are you serious about Wiggins potentially coming here and Ennis' relationship helping with that decision??????

Since Wiggins is the class of 2014, does that mean you see Ennis as more than a one-and-done? I have heard Wiggins described as the best talent at that age since Labron. Should I start making reservations for the Final Four in 2015 right now?
He'll talk to him since the both are friends but that doesn't mean he's coming so I wouldn't get too giddy. Plus don't expect players like Wiggins and Vonleh to stay in the 2014 class. Maybe somebody can link the Zagoria article from yesterday, which states if they want to play in the burger game that they have to reclassify by January I believe.

Ennis imho is will be a very good four year player for SU. Definitely don't see him as a one n done.

Wiggins and Ennis don't play the same position so one have no affect on the other regarding playing time
I think he meant more of a "why would Wiggins come if Ennis wasn't here so will Ennis still be here" than thinking they played the same position. I don't think anyone is under the impression Wiggins is a point guard.

Ha. Your take on Jefferson's game? Sorry if redundant!
Very skilled and can play multiple positions. Handles the ball well and is a very good passer. Plays with a high-motor and rebounds well. Scores well from mid-range and in but needs consistency on the jumper to become a complete player.

I think he meant more of a "why would Wiggins come if Ennis wasn't here so will Ennis still be here" than thinking they played the same position. I don't think anyone is under the impression Wiggins is a point guard.

The real question is Wiggins vs Chris McCullough. Personally I see Wiggins as one and done and McCullough may be better for the program long term, would take either in a heart beat.

The real question is Wiggins vs Chris McCullough. Personally I see Wiggins as one and done and McCullough may be better for the program long term, would take either in a heart beat.
Won't be a vs because Wiggins will be in the 2013 class. Wiggins imho is the best prospect that I have seen since Bron. Whoever lands him will be an instant title contender.