Ennis the Recruiter | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis the Recruiter

Won't be a vs because Wiggins will be in the 2013 class. Wiggins imho is the best prospect that I have seen since Bron. Whoever lands him will be an instant title contender.

Than it is Lawrence or Wiggins...I haven't see enough of Wiggins but Wow! on the praise.

I haven't seen anyone suggest Ennis could be a one and done. I get the impression he's at least a three year player, especially if he's playing behind MCW his first year.
Ennis and/or Briscoe (one or both) have said they want to play in college together, FWIW. That would make Ennis a Jr.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Than it is Lawrence or Wiggins...I haven't see enough of Wiggins but Wow! on the praise.
How about Lawrence vs Roberson vs Wiggins vs Vonleh th_shaqoohhh.png

Very skilled and can play multiple positions. Handles the ball well and is a very good passer. Plays with a high-motor and rebounds well. Scores well from mid-range and in but needs consistency on the jumper to become a complete player.

That sounds pretty good!!

So you think both Wiggins and Vonleh are going to reclassify back to their original class? Staying back for basketball reasons is stupid to me.
Yes it's all about when they're going to announce it, rather than if at this point. Doesn't make sense for either to stay an extra year in high school.

Francis, (per scout) as far as our front line recruits for 2014, we have an offer out to Dakari Johnson but not McCullough. http://syracuse.At their request, t...m this site./a.z?s=185&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&yr=2014 But when I read the reports (yours and others) it seems like we're tighter with McCullough. Is there any significance to the offer status?

Also, it's pretty hard to figure what our front line will look like 2 years out. But I'm thinking that DC2 and RC might not be around ... which would make PF/C wide open that year.

Francis, (per scout) as far as our big recruits for 2014, we have an offer out to Dakari Johnson but not McCullough. Is there any significance to that? As far as the landscape 2 years out, it's pretty hard to figure what our front line will look like. But I'm thinking that DC2 and RC might not be around ... so that would open up PF/C for an impact player.
I was almost positive we offered McCullough?

Francis, who is Wiggins looking at right now?

Francis, (per scout) as far as our front line recruits for 2014, we have an offer out to Dakari Johnson but not McCullough. http://syracuse.*********/a.z?s=185&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&yr=2014 But when I read the reports (yours and others) it seems like we're tighter with McCullough. Is there any significance to the offer status?

Also, it's pretty hard to figure what our front line will look like 2 years out. But I'm thinking that DC2 and RC might not be around ... which would make PF/C wide open that year.
Never rely on those databases for 100% accuracy on targets. I remember last year when Grant was offered in May, but tos didn't even have SU as a school of interest on his database until September lol. SU and St. John's were the first two schools to offer McCullough last summer before his stock went on the rise. I think at this point McCullough will be easier to get, as Kentucky has several connects in play to get Dakari. On the other hand Dakari is a big SU fan. So hopefully he'll be just like Ennis and choose his dream school :)

I was almost positive we offered McCullough?

Francis, who is Wiggins looking at right now?
UK, FSU, SU, Duke are the main ones. At the moment it's UK vs FSU with SU being the intriguing wild card here thanks to Ennis.

I love the fact that we are in on all of these great forwards. If you look at all our FF teams or any of our best teams they all had great forwards on them. Even last years team which was more about the group of forwards compared to the elite individual had great forward play and with any of these guys Lawrence, Wiggins, Vonleh the future is bright!

well the article i read in the PS said SU was ennis's dream school since he was a kid. be nice to establish a beachhead in the toronto area by playing a few games there. i'd go for sure. toronto's a great weekend. and it's really tough to break the loyalty bonds once someone picks a certain favorite team as a youth. we certainly should have a presence in this area.

TO BBall is rapidly improving but a lot of kids incl Ennis transfer to a prep like St Bene/Findlay for their Jr/Sr years. Cuse has a small dedicated following here in TO and I'm thrilled that my annual trip to the dome will now include a TO connection.

All that said, an Orange game in TO wouldn't draw well unless it was Duke or NC and that isn't going to happen. Maybe they could play an exhibition game when it wouldn't matter.

TO BBall is rapidly improving but a lot of kids incl Ennis transfer to a prep like St Bene/Findlay for their Jr/Sr years. Cuse has a small dedicated following here in TO and I'm thrilled that my annual trip to the dome will now include a TO connection.

All that said, an Orange game in TO wouldn't draw well unless it was Duke or NC and that isn't going to happen. Maybe they could play an exhibition game when it wouldn't matter.

And thats not because its Syracuse, its because Canada is all about hockey, hockey and hockey.

This is off the thread, but Buffalo, for some reason, is on an island. We've gotten a couple recruits from there (Flynn and Harris). But from what I gather, fans at the bars there don't watch many 'Cuse games. Rarely do I see people from Buffalo attend SU FB or BB games (it's 2 + hours drive). And it's not just SU; they seem mostly indifferent to everything else going on in the state sports wise, except hockey (which I don't follow). Maybe it's the economic problems, not sure. Chippewa street has some great bars (open to 4am) but the tax base is shreaded and the City almost went bankrupt 2 years ago.

Not surprisingly, for at least the last 20 years, the local pro team - Bills - have pretended that SU doesn't exist. They don't draft SU kids and they don't consider UDFA's from the 'Cuse ... they give us ZERO respect. Maybe it has to do with Polian (former Bills GM) going to the Colts... not sure why the SU-blacklist exists. But it does. And it hasn't gone away since the Bills captured St. John Fisher college in Rochester and turned it into a practice facility with a small college attached.

My guess is, SU could play naked in Toronto and Buffalo wouldn't give a hoot.

Buffalo isn't a college basketball town...NHL, NFL and baseball. I lived there a number of years back after college and I remember being stunned that they would sometimes preempt Saturday afternoon college sports on the local network affiliates for paid infomercials like Tom VU... but I do like his waterfall.

Buffalo isn't a college basketball town...NHL, NFL and baseball. I lived there a number of years back after college and I remember being stunned that they would sometimes preempt Saturday afternoon college sports on the local network affiliates for paid infomercials like Tom VU... but I do like his waterfall.

Seems right. But still, the Bills' SU blacklist remains a mystery. The team made a major marketing commitment in Rochester with their training facility ... but still go out of their way to ignore SU.

I'll start rooting for the Bills when they take an SU player from the draft or sign an SU UDFA. Right now there's no reason to follow them, since their product on the field (despite a lot of young, hard working players) is second rate.

When I lived in Georgia, they used to preempt our basketball games on the local network affiliate for freaking In the Heat of the Night! To this day, I get irritated whenever I see that show on.