Ennis to NBA per ESPN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis to NBA per ESPN

Sucks. I was really hoping to hear some good news on this. Are there any good graduating PGs with an extra year of eligibility? Would be great to have another option at PG next year.

It never seemed like he really enjoyed playing here. He's on a mission and he'll get his payday - he seems smart so he'll probably save it and do well - worst case is he ends up playing in Europe and has his lottery pack contract cash in the bank.

The rules do need to change though, it makes no sense to have guys in college for one season.

Hope Grant stays.

Hope Ennis gets a big first (only) contract. Love the kid, and hope I am wrong, but I agree with the above.

I don't think he's ready, but it's hard to pass up the $. I hope he's getting good advice about where he's going to be picked. I could see him lower than some think.

To me it looks like a gamble.

The problem in the league is you don't get two swings. If you whiff the first time, sayonara

Eh, not always true. The people who usually whiff the first time are likely to never be good enough.

Any word on an agent? still a chance he messes around, flirts a little, and comes back right?

Dude better finish his school work tho!

Can't pass up the money, but like others have said, I really don't see the upside in his game (at this point), that some of these scouts do. It's incredibly hard to predict some of these early entrants, though.

That being said, maybe he find a good system in the league. Perhaps he could be a Kendall Marshall type (who is having a good year with LA), with less vision and slightly more offense.

GoHamSU said:
Eh, not always true. The people who usually whiff the first time are likely to never be good enough.
I can't think of an example where a guy came in, wasn't ready, got sent down and made it back. Nba just moves on.

they have hoops and weights in the NBA.

But not a ton of patience.

I'd love to see an MLB-type rule be implemented for the NBA. Either declare right out of high school or go the college route and be required to put in at least 2 years. (Note: the only reason I want that is selfishly for college hoops -- imagine the increase in quality of the game)

Have to think that if true, Grant is gone too.

Why should we assume that? I assume that everyone will do what's best for them, regardless of what any of their teammates is doing.

This is a killer blow. Ennis would have been 1st team all american next year. This sucks.

Hopefully he has gotten solid advice on where he'll be selected and even then you don't know based on workouts etc. But if he is very likely to go in the top half of the 1st round then you can't blame him. Quite often those that stick around only decline in value.

Worst case scenario-Ennis can stick as a backup for 10 years. He's as good as Ridnour or Steve Blake and since it looks like he's a 10-15 pick at worst this year he's smart to jump now. Wish him well.

Folks need to realize that having lottery picks on a consistent basis is going to continue to help recruiting.

url

Hope Grant stays.

Hope Ennis gets a big first (only) contract. Love the kid, and hope I am wrong, but I agree with the above.

Me too.

I really thought Ennis would become a great four-year player because he wouldn't be guaranteed a high enough spot this year and his flaws would get highlighted during his sophomore season and discourage him from leaving. Figured he'd end up like Scottie Reynolds or that Kentucky kid from a few years before.

If true, this is surprising. Hope it turns out well for him, but there are some red flags.

Worst case scenario-Ennis can stick as a backup for 10 years. He's as good as Ridnour or Steve Blake and since it looks like he's a 10-15 pick at worst this year he's smart to jump now. Wish him well.

Folks need to realize that having lottery picks on a consistent basis is going to continue to help recruiting.
The irony in this statement, is that it better help recruiting, as for each one of these guys you get, you need another one waiting in the wings because they're gone so quick.

Why should we assume that? I assume that everyone will do what's best for them, regardless of what any of their teammates is doing.
Because it's not in the best interest of his draft stock to return with what next year's team will look like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom