Ennis: Up 5 and need a good possession | Syracusefan.com

Ennis: Up 5 and need a good possession

44cuse

All Conference
...and what does he do?

1. Slows the ball down over half court when he realizes the defense is back
2. Comes off a high double screen, sees it's not there
3. Comes back opposite and finds iso post up CJ in the post

This recognition, pace, and presence results in good look from the teams best player and a bucket on an OFF REB.

Then Cooney, the guy whose only job is to shoot 3's, steals the ball and we are up 9.

Yeah, Ennis sucks too.

What?

44cuse

he also committed a really intelligent foul to stop a fast break late in the second half.

not a big deal but just a small example of what a smart player he is.

Basketball IQ off the charts. I will take this anyday over him rushing down the court just to try and get a fastbreak. It is amazing how people on this board are upset that we are not fastbreaking more this year. I will take a Freshman PG who slows it down and runs the offense with precision over a few more fastbreaks any day. Keep up the good work Tyler!!!

Basketball IQ off the charts. I will take this anyday over him rushing down the court just to try and get a fastbreak. It is amazing how people on this board are upset that we are not fastbreaking more this year. I will take a Freshman PG who slows it down and runs the offense with precision over a few more fastbreaks any day. Keep up the good work Tyler!!!

I don't think precision and fast breaking are mutually exclusive.

Ennis has been very, very good this season. But there's such a thing as being too conservative. His turning a 3-on-1 break (with Fair on the near side and Cooney up top) into nothing was an example of that.

There's a middle ground between smart, conservative play and run-and-gun. As Ennis plays more, he'll find it. Right now there are time when he makes the right choice and times where he should look to take advantage and push.

Great second half for Tyer. Thought he struggled in the first half and needed to be more aggressive. Took some contested jumpers instead of getting to the rim.

"Ice" Ennis. He epitomizes someone with ice in their veins. Super calm and collect.

I am going to like all of WeedsportWarriors posts from now on just to play proper tribute to his avatar. Thanks.

It appeared to me that BC was really trying to take CJ out of the game in the first half and used a switching defense very effectively. I think JB wanted to isolate CJ and this combination wouldn't let that happen. That might of frustrated Tyler somewhat. The only complaint I have is the foul he committed with like 1:30 left...no need to foul above the 3-point line when we are winning.

But there are worst things in the world that can happen!

Yup, Tyler steps in when we need him -- I think he demonstrates an amazing lack of ego for someone with his talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom