Do you want MCW to

• stay

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • go

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

Tobias Funke

All Conference
There have been a lot of "bring on Ennis" folks out there lately.

I am curious if you could choose whether MCW comes back next year what would you do?

Send MCW to the NBA or have him as the PG of our team...

This is based on the team, not MCW's future so no copoout answers of "it is best for MCW to go to the NBA while he is still a lottery pick"

I do think mcw will improve and probably be an elite NCAA PG next year if he were to return. However, I am ready for a changing of the guard. I just think he lacks the leadership we need.

I do think mcw will improve and probably be an elite NCAA PG next year if he were to return. However, I am ready for a changing of the guard. I just think he lacks the leadership we need.

Do you forsee Ennis meeting either of those criteria next year?

Elite NCAA PG
Leader

Do you forsee Ennis meeting either of those criteria next year?

Elite NCAA PG
Leader
Negative. But it paves the way for a new leader. Ennis will be good, not better than mcw, but better for the team in my uninformed opine.

In terms of maintaining our momentum as we enter the ACC, I'd absolutely prefer MCW to be running the team, as it's highly unlikely that a freshman Ennis would be better than a junior MCW.

Negative. But it paves the way for a new leader. Ennis will be good, not better than mcw, but better for the team in my uninformed opine.

So you want Ennis over MCW because the latter is not a leader...but neither is the former?

Huh?

MCW has shown flaws - not helped by Triche's inconsistency and the truth that Pace is our best chance for points in the paint - but the next shiny new toy is not necessarily the answer. Would LOVE to have MCW back next year.

I would much rather see an abundance of good guards like we saw last year than a shortage like we have this year.

I would say that it was a luxury to have Dion and MCW coming off the the bench last year and often see an uptick in guard production at both ends of the floor.

MCW has shown flaws - not helped by Triche's inconsistency and the truth that Pace is our best chance for points in the paint -

Awesome

So you want Ennis over MCW because the latter is not a leader...but neither is the former?

Huh?

MCW has shown flaws - not helped by Triche's inconsistency and the truth that Pace is our best chance for points in the paint - but the next shiny new toy is not necessarily the answer. Would LOVE to have MCW back next year.
Im saying I don't think mcw is the leader syracuse needs. I would like to see a new leader, if mcw returned and a new leader emerged, too many cooks in the kitchen. However if mcw could mature (not wear his frustrations on his sleeve and not get visibly frustrated) I'd be glad to have him back. He is a great player, but his demeanor may muddy the pool. Pure speculation on my part but these is the question the op asked of me. Just opinion.

The MCW/Triche combo just doesn't work. I'd like to see MCW next year with Cooney a year older, silent G, and Ennis getting smaller minutes to start.

MCW will be as good as the finishing ability of those around him. I think his shot would improve but he is always going to be a facilitator more than a scorer.

Problem this year is Triche doesn't look comfortable as a scorer either so we have those 2 just passing it back and forth at the top of the key all game long hoping the other will shoot so they don't have to.

Im saying I don't think mcw is the leader syracuse needs. I would like to see a new leader, if mcw returned and a new leader emerged, too many cooks in the kitchen. However if mcw could mature (not wear his frustrations on his sleeve and not get visibly frustrated) I'd be glad to have him back. He is a great player, but his demeanor may muddy the pool. Pure speculation on my part but these is the question the op asked of me. Just opinion.

Forget all this talk about bringing in a new big man coach -- what this team really needs is a demeanor coach. Image how good this team would have been if we had someone to bring Triche and Christmas out of their shells and help MCW control his emotions. ;)

i would absolutely love for him to come back......both for the team and the player

but ennis is so new and shiny!
And he hasn't thrown the ball away yet or made an awful shot in a Syracuse uniform.

I'm as a guilty of this as the next guy (especially w/r/t minor league baseball players).

Forget all this talk about bringing in a new big man coach -- what this team really needs is a demeanor coach. Image how good this team would have been if we had someone to bring Triche and Christmas out of their shells and help MCW control his emotions. ;)
I dont understand how xmas and triche havent busted that barrier on their own. Playing a sport should naturally increase your intensity, esp. In young men.

And he hasn't thrown the ball away yet or made an awful shot in a Syracuse uniform.

I'm as a guilty of this as the next guy (especially w/r/t minor league baseball players).

yeah i've been that way also a lot so now I try and go too far the other way to compensate

There have been a lot of "bring on Ennis" folks out there lately.

I am curious if you could choose whether MCW comes back next year what would you do?

Send MCW to the NBA or have him as the PG of our team...

This is based on the team, not MCW's future so no copoout answers of "it is best for MCW to go to the NBA while he is still a lottery pick"

throw the bums out! oh wait...wrong board

Human nature. It is no secret that I had an agenda in asking this question. I think we always have backup QB syndrome where we think the guy on the bench is the saving grace.

Iv been as hard on MCW as anyone, but I would love to see him come back. Its my hope that this year has taught him a lot and I believe it truly has. He is basically a freshman, he didn't play very much at all last year. I also do not want to see him go to the NBA and fail, I want him to be ready. Its my hope that if he did come back, he would mature and develop a jump shot over the offseason. I just don't see him coming back however. You got to think he is already 21, he clearly doesn't have any money (Macy's incident), and the fans have been all over him. He probably cant wait to get out of Syracuse, but again I would welcome him back with open arms. You think our guard play sucks this year? Try replacing the starting pg, and senior sg with a freshman pg (Ennis), a 2 guard that they are trying to form into a pg (Silent G), a struggling 2g in cooney (needs to play under control), and patterson (who many believe he may need a year). That's a lot of questions for a backcourt and scares me to death.

Until I see Ennis play, I'm assuming MCW would be better. How many of us thought DC2 would be an offensive upgrade over Fab this year? You never know what a freshman is going to do, so I'll do my best to refrain from annointing Ennis just yet.

Hopefully we can look back positively on his career whether he stays or goes. I know people are down on the team, as I have been, but we do have the ability to make a run. Triche and MCW need to really step up and we need to develop some sort of low post game. Doesnt have to be great but any threat that we will go inside will siffice and strecth the floor.

Would love to have both but it's almost impossible. Would also love for MCW to push the ball up the court at all times, it would help us get transition baskets. He walks the ball up way too often and let's the opponent get their defense set. He wastes too much time. Just a pet peeve of mine, since that can be changed immediately unlike his shooting.

Ive been on the side of being ready for Ennis - but much more because of the reality that likely MCW is gone. If the outlook started turning toward his return I would love to have him back. If he could have a transformation similar to Dion - that would be huge. I think Ennis could still have the opportunity to see big minutes... and maybe even playing at times alongside MCW allowing him to play off the ball. If I recall - MCW was as bigtime scorer in HS who adapted his game during that timeframe to try to be more of a distributor. I think he still has the ability to score and play off the ball. You want your best guys on the floor and a JR MCW would be one of those guys. Also we have seen how talent gels more after playing together longer. So absolutely would love him back.. if the tide ever turned that way. If not - I welcome Ennis with a new set of challenges and an extremely young backcourt.