Ennis vs MCW | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis vs MCW

Do you want MCW to

• stay

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • go

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters
There have been a lot of "bring on Ennis" folks out there lately.

I am curious if you could choose whether MCW comes back next year what would you do?

Send MCW to the NBA or have him as the PG of our team...

This is based on the team, not MCW's future so no copoout answers of "it is best for MCW to go to the NBA while he is still a lottery pick"
This is so much of a non-brainer that the thread is nonsense. IF MCW were to come back then you have both players. No matter how good Ennis might be, MCW + Ennis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ennis alone. End of story !!!

whatever is best for MCW is best for the program . . . unless a contender adds the recently waived Hakim Warrick for their stretch run, the school only has two active NBA players. It is important for recruiting that the program look like it produces pros, and MCW is the only guy on the current roster who has NBA written on him (though it is far from a sure thing that he would get a 2nd deal).

I like MCW and I think he is clearly the most talented player on the team; I would love to have him back, but if he is still a likely lottery pick when the decision time comes around, I think he should go.

So you want Ennis over MCW because the latter is not a leader...but neither is the former?

Huh?

MCW has shown flaws - not helped by Triche's inconsistency and the truth that Pace is our best chance for points in the paint - but the next shiny new toy is not necessarily the answer. Would LOVE to have MCW back next year.
I knew there was a logical explanation for how bad we have been, we are relying on a guy who is no longer on the team to score in the paint

MCW will be 22 years old if he stayed next year by draft time so there is slim/none chance that he stays, but if were playing make believe I would welcome him back with open arms.

I think it is absolutely in MCW's best interest to enter the draft this year, but I don't understand how anyone could possibly not want him on next year's team. He has become the whipping boy of our fanbase but he is still a good player and next year's team would certainly be better with him than without him.

I am curious if you could choose whether MCW comes back next year what would you do?

This is based on the team, not MCW's future so no copoout answers of "it is best for MCW to go to the NBA while he is still a lottery pick"

He's probably gone, but I would certainly welcome him back if he chose to return. We would likely be much better if he came back, and he would likely be much better.

whatever is best for MCW is best for the program . . . unless a contender adds the recently waived Hakim Warrick for their stretch run, the school only has two active NBA players. It is important for recruiting that the program look like it produces pros, and MCW is the only guy on the current roster who has NBA written on him (though it is far from a sure thing that he would get a 2nd deal).

I like MCW and I think he is clearly the most talented player on the team; I would love to have him back, but if he is still a likely lottery pick when the decision time comes around, I think he should go.

Lets just hope if he does go that next year the NBA D-League all star game isn't an SU alumni game...

There is NO WAY any real basketball fan would want a freshman point guard over a lottery pick all-american junior point guard.

Now we all know MCW is gone to the NBA because thats how it works you may not be ready but you go for the money but just imagine for whatever reason he stayed our back court could be 6'5 MCW and 6'7 Michael Gbinije

There is NO WAY any real basketball fan would want a freshman point guard over a lottery pick all-american junior point guard.

Now we all know MCW is gone to the NBA because thats how it works you may not be ready but you go for the money but just imagine for whatever reason he stayed our back court could be 6'5 MCW and 6'7 Michael Gbinije

Then ennis will get boeheimed! :eek:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

We need more than one point guard on next year's team. We can't just turn the keys over to a true freshman and expect him to play 40 minutes. There will be no Brandon Triche on next year's team who can switch over and spell the point guard. And if you have lost patience with MCW after he was a back-up for a year and started for a second year, why do you want someone to start playing 40 minutes a night at the point from the moment he shows up? Everybody complained about Scoop but he matured into the point guard for a 34-3 team. MCW, if he stays, could do the same thing.

I don't think there is really any question about it. The team would hands-down be better off if MCW were to return. I believe it was about this time last year that someone posed the question, "If you could have Fab Melo or Nerlens Noel for this year, who would you take?" This is a different scenario but truly the same dilemma. I just don't know how you could ever pass up the return of a known quantity/quality with another year of college level experience and continued progression in favor of an unproven freshman, regardless of the freshman's prospective upside and potential. The nice caveat with the question this time is that we already know that Ennis is on his way to SU. And let's be honest, as with Fab, we know MCW is gone too.

So you want Ennis over MCW because the latter is not a leader...but neither is the former?

Huh?

MCW has shown flaws - not helped by Triche's inconsistency and the truth that Pace is our best chance for points in the paint - but the next shiny new toy is not necessarily the answer. Would LOVE to have MCW back next year.
Do you mean the "better version" of Josh?

I got a chance to bring that up to Josh last Saturday, he restated that CJ was a better version of himself. He's very happy playing in a country that likes Americans.

I believe that MCW is gone, however playing a game of what if I think it would be favorable to have him back and have Ennis coming off the bench for one year. I believe if MCW came back it would be better for the team and the player overall I think MCW would mature and improve have the opportunity to mentor and all of this would lead to a longer more successful NBA career for him even if his draft status dropped a few notches.

Do you mean the "better version" of Josh?

I got a chance to bring that up to Josh last Saturday, he restated that CJ was a better version of himself. He's very happy playing in a country that likes Americans.

Holy Freudian slip. Meant Fair!