entertaining games and losing or winning ugly? | Syracusefan.com

entertaining games and losing or winning ugly?

Guess I have to say winning ugly since winning is the object of the game. If we have to lose then at least entertain me like this years's team does, unlike the last two years (even though they might have had a better end of season result).

Big picture wise - I’d much rather play the style of ball that we’re playing now than what we were doing the previous few years. Higher ceiling both in the short term and long term, IMO. And the games are much more entertaining to watch.

Dior wouldn’t be coming here to walk the ball up no matter what and play in 55-53 games...IMO.

i can always deal with a loss when i know our guys played their best and took it to the buzzer. no shame there.

obviously winning but we weren't doing enough of that for the dirge ball we were playing. Give me the up and down we have been playing this year all day.

Yes. We were becoming late career John Chaney Temple. Ugly and boring ball, guaranteed to lose 10+ games, no chance of going beyond the sweet 16. We should have a ceiling much higher than that. I’m glad we play ball again. I think we’ll win more next year than this year. Hopefully we can keep up the momentum on the recruiting trails that the recent shot in the arm from Dior gave us, and get back to being Syracuse - a team guaranteed to win 20+, finish near the top of the league most years, with the ceiling to win it all.

We won more games last season, but there were a bunch I didn't watch.

I've seen pretty much all of them this season. It's more fun.

I still watched whenever I could last year(like 95% of them), but I usually hated it. It was just miserable.

The non conference stuff was horrible this year but basically all of the ACC games have been fun to watch...except for Virginia and Pitt. And that will ALWAYS be the case when playing Virginia and Pitt. We’ve got two good, promising freshmen and a soph averaging 16 ppg. Future is bright.

I've seen pretty much all of them this season. It's more fun.
ACCN has blackholed me. that's why i just wish we could be relevant again and on espn more. the beauty of listening to the games is with JB i always know who's on the floor and what defense we're playing.

If you lose 12 to 15 games every season like we do now, decent NCAA tourney runs are an aberration. Given that, I’d much rather watch entertaining games. Now, if we are 25-7 going into the tourney, then I don’t care what the games look like. But as long as we continue plateauing at mediocrity I’m going to vote for 80-77 games because they are more fun to watch.

I just want to win. I can watch 51-50 or 81-80, I just don't like bonehead plays.

I think last year we had a lot of bonehead play on offense, while this this year we have far fewer bonehead plays on offense anyways...

Last edited:
Is this a serious question? WINNING, every single goddamn time. What

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom