EO moves up announcement time | Syracusefan.com

EO moves up announcement time

EO - We hope you come to Syracuse University and become part of the renewal of one of college football's great traditions - The Orange!

With the move to the ACC and the group of athletes that has committed to come to the Hill next year, we are on our way - I hope you will join us.

I'd like to see one of these kids do something different rather than just pulling a baseball hat out of a bag. Stand up, rip open your shirt, exposing and SU T-shirt -- something dramatic. Start humming "Down the Field"...or yell "War Otto!"

I'd like to see one of these kids do something different rather than just pulling a baseball hat out of a bag. Stand up, rip open your shirt, exposing and SU T-shirt -- something dramatic. Start humming "Down the Field"...or yell "War Otto!"

My dream scenario: EO has four shirts on, rips the first which shows ND underneath and he says, "Oh hell no!", and then rips the second which shows the Gators under and he says, "Not again!" and rips the third exposing SU and he says, "Aw yeah!" Confetti drops, impromptu dance party starts and Floyd Little does this.

GIFSoup

Yep. I would like a team full of Dion Waiters - Sophomore edition.

Doug reminded him that He and Anselmo had a T time out in the Hamptons that they didnt want to be late for

Looks like the announcement time may change again per Rahme.

Syracuse, NY -- The Syracuse University football team will learn Tuesday where Ebenezer Ogundeko, a four-star defensive end/outside linebacker from Brooklyn’s Thomas Jefferson High and the city’s top-rated prospect, intends to play his college ball. A report earlier saying the announcement would be made at 4 p.m. was erroneous, and now a report that it will be at 11:45 is also uncertain.
I received an email this morning from a cable spokesman after posting that Ogundeko was scheduled to join Pat O’Keefe and Dylan Butler at MSG Studios to announce his decision on “Football Files” live on MSGVarsity.com at 11:45 a.m.
"I would hold off on posting the item if you haven't yet or remove if you have. Heard late yesterday there may be a change in the schedule that day. I am so sorry for the confusion but will be sure to touch base as soon as I hear anything."
So, there you have it . . . so far.

Isaiah Crowell pulled out a bulldog puppy when he announced for Georgia. That didn't work out so well for them.
crowell.JPG

Sorry folks...

Zach Braziller@NYPost_Brazille
Ogundeko will likely take officials and commit in December.

Time to move on. Won't happen.
I tend to agree. I believe SU's best chance would have been Tuesday. Him wanting to play with his friend the RB.

Pushing it off tells me that playing with is friend isn't a big deal which isn't good for SU. Hope I'm wrong.

Lots of twists and turns in this young man's recruitment.

Let's see what happens Tuesday.

I tend to agree. I believe SU's best chance would have been Tuesday. Him wanting to play with his friend the RB.

Pushing it off tells me that playing with is friend isn't a big deal which isn't good for SU. Hope I'm wrong.
agree - the way I read that is that he was ready to verbal to SU, but ND talked him into waiting and taking officials before making his decision - don't think this is a good development - home games at SU this year aren't going to compare to ND or the Swamp unfortunately

Never got my hopes up on this kid. We are not at a point where we can compete with schools like ND and Florida. However losing a kid to Missouri kinda irked me.

Never got my hopes up on this kid. We are not at a point where we can compete with schools like ND and Florida. However losing a kid to Missouri kinda irked me.

Since when have we been on the level or above Missouri?

We aren't necessarily on the level with them. But I certainly don't hold them nearly in the same regard as I would Florida or ND. Losing a player to Mizzou was very unexpected...and still bugs the hell outta me.

Not the least bit shocked about this, sadly. I guess I'm glad he didn't just commit and decommit like I was sort of expecting him to do. Sometimes it's hard for recruits who are so talented to see that certain schools view them as a priority, like we do, while other schools view him as an option and already have their main priorities committed. Can't fault him for taking more time but it certainly doesn't bode well for us. I wish him well and that he picks the school that fits him the best, unfortunately I see him picking a school based on whoever shows him the most flair and not where he necessarily thinks he will fit in better. That's his choice to make though, good luck EO, we'd love to see you in Orange but represent NYC well regardless of where you go.

Once he sees the game day atmosphere at ND and Florida, SU had no shot with 30-35,000 people in the stands. We can move on. Our only hope is that they fill up their classes. It does help ND and Florida by enrolling in Jan.

Taking a look at national championships, all time wins, and winning percentage, as well as bowl winning percentage, SU certainly doesnt take a back seat to the likes of Mizzou. That is for sure.

I think we're selling our coaches and EO short. Who is to say that he can be so easily swayed? I have no issue if a kid wants to take more time. Make the right decision for himself. I'm confident that decision is SU. But it's not my decision to make.

I think we're selling our coaches and EO short. Who is to say that he can be so easily swayed? I have no issue if a kid wants to take more time. Make the right decision for himself. I'm confident that decision is SU. But it's not my decision to make.

I would love for this talented kid to come here. And if they close the deal on this recruit, I will drive to Manley and congratulate each of EO's recruiters personally. But when it comes to high profile recruits, history isn't on their side. I'm playing the odds on this one and assuming EO is gone.

Taking a look at national championships, all time wins, and winning percentage, as well as bowl winning percentage, SU certainly doesnt take a back seat to the likes of Mizzou. That is for sure.

Duh, of course. But in terms of recruiting now and this past decade, based on performance on the field, why would anybody be surprised to lose a recruit to Missouri? :crazy: