EPL - January Transfer Window | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

EPL - January Transfer Window

cusefan88 said:
Watched the match vs Leverkusen yesterday. Great game. I'm always entertained when I watch the bundesliga. Freiburg won't hold on to Ginter for long.
yup a great performance we needed that to get out of the last 2... Excited for fox to get bunde in 2015 more games will be on.

Ok so with Salah gone to Chelsea you would think Liverpool get Yarmolenko now? Or in the summer maybe?

We have much bigger needs than attacking players at the moment. Unless he comes avail at a bargain price he wont be coming in this window.

Moses looked good today. Still, I don't rate him. He had his best years playing for Robbie Martinez at Wigan, who I think is an exceptional manager. He wasn't great when he did play at Chelsea and it's been more of the same at Liverpool... Chelsea has an entire extra squad out on loan. It will be interesting to see whether they sell in the offseason to comply with fair play rules or keep the status quo. Huge, huge decision coming up at goalkeeper in the summer.

He scored but he still didnt look particularly dangerous. He can't sustain long spells of effort and even his goal looked like he ran out of ideas, gave up, and rolled it on net.

You're right about squad size. Chelsea have 24 guys on loan vs 8 for Liverpool for example.

He scored but he still didnt look particularly dangerous. He can't sustain long spells of effort and even his goal looked like he ran out of ideas, gave up, and rolled it on net.

You're right about squad size. Chelsea have 24 guys on loan vs 8 for Liverpool for example.

A lot of Chelsea's guys are loaned to Vitesse. They're 2nd in the Eredivisie this year. Piazon has 11 goals and 7 assists. So much talent.

A lot of Chelsea's guys are loaned to Vitesse. They're 2nd in the Eredivisie this year. Piazon has 11 goals and 7 assists. So much talent.

A lot of players Chelsea has loaned out cost more than 75% league could consider paying. Curious what their wage bill looks like. Matic is the perfect example. Biught him for 1.8, loaned him twice, sold him for 2, then just paid 20 to buy him back. An 18 million loss would be crippling for most teams. That's about what we lost on andy carroll and that was our worst bit of business possibly ever. At Chelsea they don't even miss a beat due to that.

Chelsea paid 10 mil for Piazon when he was still playing u17 for Brazil.

Ok so with Salah gone to Chelsea you would think Liverpool gets Yarmolenko now? Or in the summer maybe?

Sky Sports understands that Liverpool hold an interest in Ukraine international Yevhen Konoplyanka, who plays for Dnipro.Konoplyanka can play up front or on either wing and is rated in the £13million bracket.Arsenal are also understood to be looking at Konoplyanka, but any deal is unlikely to happen before the summer.

There's one of your boys.

A lot of players Chelsea has loaned out cost more than 75% league could consider paying. Curious what their wage bill looks like. Matic is the perfect example. Biught him for 1.8, loaned him twice, sold him for 2, then just paid 20 to buy him back. An 18 million loss would be crippling for most teams. That's about what we lost on andy carroll and that was our worst bit of business possibly ever. At Chelsea they don't even miss a beat due to that.

Chelsea paid 10 mil for Piazon when he was still playing u17 for Brazil.

Chelsea haven't had a first-team guy come out of the youth academy in the Abromovich era. It's one of CFC's biggest problems. There was hope for McEachren but his work rate is terrible and he has a little case of the "too much too soon" that affects young guys, especially local/English talent. Exiling him to Wigan on loan is a good move. It's the closest thing to being sent to Siberia in big-time English football.

There remains hope for Kakuta but it is waning, ther'es injury risk and I don't see how he gets in the side soon. Traore and Wallace look like big talents but, again, there's no track record of developing these guys. The one, big unforced error is Lukaku. He should be playing but Mourinho made a rare personnel mistake and Lukaku has made some statements since then that have upset the Boss, which is never a good thing with Jose. It will be interesting to see if he is sold. Either way, it's hard to see how CFC sustains their success long-term with Fair Play a possible factor unless the homegrown guys break through.

Chelsea haven't had a first-team guy come out of the youth academy in the Abromovich era. It's one of CFC's biggest problems. There was hope for McEachren but his work rate is terrible and he has a little case of the "too much too soon" that affects young guys, especially local/English talent. Exiling him to Wigan on loan is a good move. It's the closest thing to being sent to Siberia in big-time English football.

There remains hope for Kakuta but it is waning, ther'es injury risk and I don't see how he gets in the side soon. Traore and Wallace look like big talents but, again, there's no track record of developing these guys. The one, big unforced error is Lukaku. He should be playing but Mourinho made a rare personnel mistake and Lukaku has made some statements since then that have upset the Boss, which is never a good thing with Jose. It will be interesting to see if he is sold. Either way, it's hard to see how CFC sustains their success long-term with Fair Play a possible factor unless the homegrown guys break through.

Lukaku is still young but obviously not a Chelsea youth product. He dominated at Anderlecht, 33 goals before he moved to Chelsea. The problem is that the big clubs give up too soon or just loan out these guys in perpetuity. Roberto Martinez had a good comment saying the EPL clubs should loan young players to the 2nd and 3rd division because that's better than a U-21 side. Show the young players how their play can affect the club, from points to people getting fired etc. Put them in a more competitive environment.

That's why I'm encouraged by MLS finally partnering with USL-Pro to get young players PT. The college age 18-22 is a crucial time for a young player and a time when many don't get the matches they need.

Sky Sports understands that Liverpool hold an interest in Ukraine international Yevhen Konoplyanka, who plays for Dnipro.Konoplyanka can play up front or on either wing and is rated in the £13million bracket.Arsenal are also understood to be looking at Konoplyanka, but any deal is unlikely to happen before the summer.

There's one of your boys.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ro-before-January-transfer-window-closes.html

Your getting an absolute TALENT. Great get.

Newcastle confirm Yohan Cabaye has joined Paris Saint-Germain

Newcastle have signed forward Luuk De Jong on loan from Borussia Monchengladbach.

Tottenham tryin to Hijack Konoplyanka from
Liverpool.

Shocking. Hahahahaha. To be honest, I rather doubt spurs actually are after him. Seems like media hype to get page hits and/or his agent trying to get more money for his player. Spurs had never been linked prior and already have 4 or 5 guys to play a similar position.

Shocking. Hahahahaha. To be honest, I rather doubt spurs actually are after him. Seems like media hype to get page hits and/or his agent trying to get more money for his player. Spurs had never been linked prior and already have 4 or 5 guys to play a similar position.
As a Ukraine fan. I do not want him at Tottenham compared to Liverpool...but I think your right everyone fuels the hype.

Nice bit of business by Chelsea, snagging young CB Kurt Zouma from St Etienne and loaning him back for the rest of the year. France has some seriously talented young players. Pogba, Zouma, Konogbia, and Florian Thauvin. Big things coming for those damn Frenchies.

Nice bit of business by Chelsea, snagging young CB Kurt Zouma from St Etienne and loaning him back for the rest of the year. France has some seriously talented young players. Pogba, Zouma, Konogbia, and Florian Thauvin. Big things coming for those damn Frenchies.
Yet France got in the World Cup with another controversy.

As a Ukraine fan. I do not want him at Tottenham compared to Liverpool...but I think your right everyone fuels the hype.

No dice. Your club president wouldn;t sign off on it.