EPL - January Transfer Window | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

EPL - January Transfer Window

Everton and Hull City agree fee for Nikica Jelavic.

Personal terms left to agree upon.

He could do well for them. Beats anything they have now. just out of form.

Edit: transfer confirmed

Last edited:
Everton and Hull City agree fee for Nikica Jelavic.

Personal terms left to agree upon.

He could do well for them. Beats anything they have now. just out of form.

No idea Jela's form. Has he played for them at all this season?

Gunners rumored to be after Pedro but havent seen anything more on it. Have been focused towards work so havent kept up.

Once Joel Campbell finally gets to stay at Arsenal I think he's going to be a nice piece. Was great on loan at Real Betis last year and doing well this year with Olympiacos, getting to taste CL football. A shrewd Wenger buy.

Just some sporadic sub appearances. Think he's even behind Anichebe in the order. You must be off form if you are behind him lol

I think I might be on the depth chart ahead of Anichebe. You think theyd have played Jela for the sole fact of driving up his price a bit.

Spartak Moscow have announced that an agreement has been reached in principle for the transfer of Aiden McGeady to Everton.

Love this guy. Loads of pace and trickery, his final ball was the only thing that could have used work at Celtic. Tough to break into Everton's XI, but I'd expect he'll be competing with Kevin Mirallas and that Barcelona loanee for playing time once it is finalized. Since he can play on either wing, could be an impact sub off the bench for either Steven Pienaar or Mirallas also.

Spartak Moscow have announced that an agreement has been reached in principle for the transfer of Aiden McGeady to Everton.

Love this guy. Loads of pace and trickery, his final ball was the only thing that could have used work at Celtic. Tough to break into Everton's XI, but I'd expect he'll be competing with Kevin Mirallas and that Barcelona loanee for playing time once it is finalized. Since he can play on either wing, could be an impact sub off the bench for either Steven Pienaar or Mirallas also.

Smart buy. Delofeu will be back at Barca next year and Steven Pienaar is not getting any younger. Roberto Martinez is a brilliant manager and now finally has some decent resources to work with. I bet he moves to a big CL club in the next 3-5 years.

Aston Villa sign Grant Holt on loan from Wigan Athletic.
Teams back up with Paul Lambert. Decent goalscoring record in Norwich's first two seasons in the Premier League. 2011-2012 - 15 goals; 2012-2013 - 8 goals.

Stoke City sign John Guidetti on loan from Manchester City.
I hear this kid is a stud but have never seen him play. Definitely one to watch. Had a great record on a season long loan to Feyenoord (2011-2012); 20 goals in 23 appearances to go with 8 assists.

Maxsym Koval. Ukrainian Goalie who started for Dynamo Kiev (which is a good team) at the age of 16. Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal very interested as far as I know.

Chelsea reach agreement with FC Basel for transfer of Mohamed Salah.

Can't believe they need more midfielders. Though I have read that Juan Mata to Manchester United is almost a done deal.

Can't believe they need more midfielders. Though I have read that Juan Mata to Manchester United is almost a done deal.
Yeah, I believe Mata is gone for something like 35 millions pounds. I guess for whatever reason, Mourinho didn't particularly like him. Feel like this is one of those deals that we're going to regret.

Everton have signed striker Lacina Traore on loan from AS Monaco until the end of the season.

Only know that he is 6'8"..

Last edited:

They need cover in case Oscar gets hurt. Always dangerous to buy based on what you see in direct competition but Salah looked great against Chelsea earlier in the season.

Yeah, I believe Mata is gone for something like 35 millions pounds. I guess for whatever reason, Mourinho didn't particularly like him. Feel like this is one of those deals that we're going to regret.

He won't track back on defense and they never would have gotten more for him in the summer than they can now. ManU are positively desperate and Mata can help them against City and Arsenal, which indirectly helps Chelsea. The downside risk is that Oscar gets hurt but Mata was done after he carried on after being taken off against Southampton. Trust Mourinho. The guy is a winner.

Still no personal terms agreed. I'm curious if Chelsea are just driving up the price.

They need cover in case Oscar gets hurt. Always dangerous to buy based on what you see in direct competition but Salah looked great against Chelsea earlier in the season.

I think they'll drop Oscar deeper and theyve just brought Matic back in as well. I'm not sure Salah would get a game over Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Ramires, etc, etc, etc but Mou may be buying to keep him from us. Seems he's sold Mata in hopes of strengthening United whom they no longer play this season. Only reason I can think that they sold in the prem vs abroad.

BTW, I'm p*ssed that Villa landed Bertrand on loan. Was hoping we'd buy him outright and in our game against them he looked stellar.

Can't figure out our transfer plan or if there even is one at this point. Loan out Borini, Assaidi, and Wisdom only to sign Aspas and loan in the uninterested Moses and ghastly Cissokho? Had we saved that money and put it in our initial bids we may have landed Willian, Mkhitaryan, and Salah by this point.

Instead we low ball and sit there as other teams move in and offer clubs more money.

At this point I'm hoping we pay what's needed for M'Vila and/or perhaps grow a set and splash for Rakatic.

BTW, I'm p*ssed that Villa landed Bertrand on loan. Was hoping we'd buy him outright and in our game against them he looked stellar.

Chelsea is upset that Victor Moses isn't get enough run out so that was payback. Plus, why strengthen Liverpool at this point. He's more harmless at Villa. I really rate Bertrand. He's going to be really good once he gets in a side full time.

Chelsea is upset that Victor Moses isn't get enough run out so that was payback. Plus, why strengthen Liverpool at this point. He's more harmless at Villa. I really rate Bertrand. He's going to be really good once he gets in a side full time.

I read that too but I think It is more the latter than the former because we weren't looking to loan Bertrand so why would the care if he plays? As for Moses, if he looked at all interested he'd have been playing over Sterling. We'll see him again this AM but he'll never feature for Chelsea or Liverpool. If you wanted to end the loan we'd likely snap your hand off to take it and then send him where you'd like.

I do think Mou is crafty in whom he sells to and whom he buys in terms of who he thinks can mount a challenge. Selling Mata to United was pretty telling

I read that too but I think It is more the latter than the former because we weren't looking to loan Bertrand so why would the care if he plays? As for Moses, if he looked at all interested he'd have been playing over Sterling. We'll see him again this AM but he'll never feature for Chelsea or Liverpool. If you wanted to end the loan we'd likely snap your hand off to take it and then send him where you'd like.

I do think Mou is crafty in whom he sells to and whom he buys in terms of who he thinks can mount a challenge. Selling Mata to United was pretty telling

Moses looked good today. Still, I don't rate him. He had his best years playing for Robbie Martinez at Wigan, who I think is an exceptional manager. He wasn't great when he did play at Chelsea and it's been more of the same at Liverpool... Chelsea has an entire extra squad out on loan. It will be interesting to see whether they sell in the offseason to comply with fair play rules or keep the status quo. Huge, huge decision coming up at goalkeeper in the summer.

Ok so with Salah gone to Chelsea you would think Liverpool gets Yarmolenko now? Or in the summer maybe?

SC Freiburg!! bundeligsa being back is great!

Watched the match vs Leverkusen yesterday. Great game. I'm always entertained when I watch the bundesliga. Freiburg won't hold on to Ginter for long.