Stoke vs. Sunderland
West Ham vs. Chelsea

Sunday...

Man City vs. Tottenham
Cardiff City vs. Man Utd.

Monday...

West Brom vs. Aston Villa

Commence Discussion Lads...

Arsenal-Southampton and Merseyside Derby highlight the weekend. I purposely didn't say Spurs-City because I think TH have been playing like crap all year.

I'm interested to see how Wenger tries to attack. Southampton's defense has been great this year. Lovren/Fonte a dominant CB pairing. And of course Roberto Martinez coaching his first 'Pool-Everton clash. Hope Rodgers ditches that 3-5-2.

Amazing line up of games this weekend. Every game could potentially be won by either side sans Man U v Cardiff. Never really know what teams will look like coming back from International breaks.

I'm hoping desperately to take 3 points in the Merseyside Derby but always tough to do @ Goodison. Hope we don't have any late goals disallowed this time. We've played poorly after the last 2 breaks so not sure what to expect. Reds and Toffees actually play similar styles under their new coaches, both of which are more visually appealing to the fans. Given our current injuries I wouldnt be shocked if we went back to the 3-5-2 formation.

Saint @ Emirates. Would love if they could get at least 1 point if not all 3.

Amazing line up of games this weekend. Every game could potentially be won by either side sans Man U v Cardiff. Never really know what teams will look like coming back from International breaks.

I'm hoping desperately to take 3 points in the Merseyside Derby but always tough to do @ Goodison. Hope we don't have any late goals disallowed this time. We've played poorly after the last 2 breaks so not sure what to expect. Reds and Toffees actually play similar styles under their new coaches, both of which are more visually appealing to the fans. Given our current injuries I wouldnt be shocked if we went back to the 3-5-2 formation.

Yeah, you Red people got hosed late at Goodison last year. But I also wanted to climb through the TV and punch Luis Suarez after he taunted David Moyes. So it evens out.

Don't count out Cardiff- They already beat Man City.

Keep an eye open on the transfer window if your a Liverpool fan! Yarmolenko (next shevchenko) could be coming your way from Dynamo Kiev. Great Talent.

Yeah, you Red people got hosed late at Goodison last year. But I also wanted to climb through the TV and punch Luis Suarez after he taunted David Moyes. So it evens out.

Moyes was/is a cry baby. The Suarez thing was hilarious because it was a direct result to his whining to the press before we had even played. Figure you'd see the comedy in it now after Moyes jumped ship. Of course, those extra 2 points wouldnt have done much for us last year anyway so suppose it should be water under the bridge BUT memories last forever in derbies.

FWIW, I think you have a much better coach now.

I love how in US sports we try and call things rivalries. Meanwhile Liverpool and Everton are about to meet for the 221st time!

Keep an eye open on the transfer window if your a Liverpool fan! Yarmolenko (next shevchenko) could be coming your way from Dynamo Kiev. Great Talent.

That's a new name to me and I follow rather closely. Quick googles search doesnt show any reputable sources yet but would be an interesting pick up. Can you tell me a bit more about his game?

I try not to get too wrapped up in potential targets as we seem to A) be linked to every player and B) outbid at the last second by Spurs or Chelsea. I imagine he'll be looked at to play in a similar role that we wanted Willian for.

The last transfer I was disappointed to see break down was Diego Costa in the summer. If we're still in CL contention I'd love to go back after him but he is crushing it this year and so are Atletico. I have faith in our talent evaluators now though as he scored 20 goals in 36 apperences last season and has almost matched that in less than half hte apperences this year. Not sure anyone else thought he was capable of that level. So if the see similar talent in the young Ukrianian, I'd be all for it.

Also funny that our current coaches actually seem to like/respect one another. Seems like a lifetime ago when Moyes and Rafa were trolling the sidelines playing unispiring 1-0 wins or 1-1 draws.

Moyes was/is a cry baby. The Suarez thing was hilarious because it was a direct result to his whining to the press before we had even played. Figure you'd see the comedy in it now after Moyes jumped ship. Of course, those extra 2 points wouldnt have done much for us last year anyway so suppose it should be water under the bridge BUT memories last forever in derbies.

FWIW, I think you have a much better coach now.

I love how in US sports we try and call things rivalries. Meanwhile Liverpool and Everton are about to meet for the 221st time!

I just dislike Suarez.

And Martinez/Rodgers both coached at Swansea. I think there's a bond there because of it.

That's a new name to me and I follow rather closely. Quick googles search doesnt show any reputable sources yet but would be an interesting pick up. Can you tell me a bit more about his game?

I try not to get too wrapped up in potential targets as we seem to A) be linked to every player and B) outbid at the last second by Spurs or Chelsea. I imagine he'll be looked at to play in a similar role that we wanted Willian for.

The last transfer I was disappointed to see break down was Diego Costa in the summer. If we're still in CL contention I'd love to go back after him but he is crushing it this year and so are Atletico. I have faith in our talent evaluators now though as he scored 20 goals in 36 apperences last season and has almost matched that in less than half hte apperences this year. Not sure anyone else thought he was capable of that level. So if the see similar talent in the young Ukrianian, I'd be all for it.
He is a true talent. He works well with our other youngster yevhen konoplyanka (watch out for ukraine in a few years) he is sortive the equivalent skill type to ronaldo in my opinion. Started at Dynamo and the national team at 17! However, Juve offered both Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka so it will be very interesting to see how this plays out. As a Ukraine fan I would like to see him in England. Shame we did not make the WC as that would have been much better exposure than playing for Dynamo.

He is a true talent. He works well with our other youngster yevhen konoplyanka (watch out for ukraine in a few years) he is sortive the equivalent skill type to ronaldo in my opinion. Started at Dynamo and the national team at 17! However, Juve offered both Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka so it will be very interesting to see how this plays out. As a Ukraine fan I would like to see him in England. Shame we did not make the WC as that would have been much better exposure than playing for Dynamo.

Truthfully we havent had the best of luck with players from that part of the world but I've been paying attention to the Ukranian squad the past few seasons. Similar to the Belgian squad they are going to be VERY good although they are 1 WC cycle behind. Will be a team to watch for in 2018.

I just dislike Suarez.

And Martinez/Rodgers both coached at Swansea. I think there's a bond there because of it.

Right which is why they think the same tactically.

I can understand why folks dislike Suarez but he's been pretty low key (by his standards) with his antics this season. The guy is good, and similar to Devo @ Cuse, you love to have him while everyone else hates on him.

Arsenal-Southampton and Merseyside Derby highlight the weekend. I purposely didn't say Spurs-City because I think TH have been playing like crap all year.

I'm interested to see how Wenger tries to attack. Southampton's defense has been great this year. Lovren/Fonte a dominant CB pairing. And of course Roberto Martinez coaching his first 'Pool-Everton clash. Hope Rodgers ditches that 3-5-2.

I think you'll see the 3-5-2 due to the injuries we currently have in the squad. Sahko - Agger/Skrtel - Toure across the back with Johnson @ right wing back and perhaps Cissokho @ left wing back. Enrique is out long term now, Gerrard is too dinged up to do too much running, and Hendo has to be on the pitch in his current form. I'm curious if we drop Lucas for this tie as I can't imagine Gerrard won't feature in a derby game.

Other option is Sturridge on the bench 4-3-3 Sahko-Skrtel-Agger-Toure Lucas-Gerrard-Hendo Coutinho-Suarez-Moses/Sterling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom