Erv Out Several Weeks | Syracusefan.com

Erv Out Several Weeks

BVille44

All Conference
Erv injured his MCL and had surgery per Steve Infanti on Orange Nation. He is out several weeks. The football gods are not kind to Syracuse.

Boy oh boy at some point you gotta wonder what else can go wrong. This makes the loss of Broyld in the pre-season really come into play. I shudder to think who we can field against LSU in a few weeks if we dont catch a break the next two games.

There is no easy way to slice this. He is one of our best weapons on the team and losing him for the next several games is ungood.

Hopefully, Strickland and Lewis can hold it down. I feel pretty good about them, but they're not Erv.

I'm a big Lewis fan... I think we have some options... Still hurts though...

just in time for the games we're going to lose anyway

please don't be married to h backs. run more plays with plain old 3 and 4 wide now. we don't need ben lewis trying to be percy gronkowski
I mean, in fairness, we only had the hybrids carry the ball 5 times, total, last Saturday. Strickland had the most carries by a hybrid with 2. There were also only three receptions by hybrids. That's only 8 touches. I don't think it'll be a problem to run a more traditional offense since we basically did last week anyway.

Full_Rebar said:
Yep, the position everyone spent months talking about as the key to the offense is no big deal. I say plug Estime in there for some of these plays as his skills set in the open field is similar.

Yep. They are not scrapping the position because of one injury. I think it's Strickland and maybe Womack.

Current attitude has been downgraded to:
zmgmd3.jpg

Just because we didn't see a lot of the XB against Rhode Island, does not mean it is not a huge part of our offense moving forward. It is a HUGE part and can create insanely favorable matchups with opposing defenses.

The staff was not going to show everything last week, this has been covered.

Losing Erv is a huge blow.

Meniscus tears are tricky - if it was a bad one, it can be up to two months.

Hoping it was not and it's more on the 3-4 week side of things.

"Several" is such a vague period of time. If the issue is his meniscus, what's the usual recovery time?

I mean, in fairness, we only had the hybrids carry the ball 5 times, total, last Saturday. Strickland had the most carries by a hybrid with 2. There were also only three receptions by hybrids. That's only 8 touches. I don't think it'll be a problem to run a more traditional offense since we basically did last week anyway.

I believe that both penalties were on XB carries as well, no? That would make 5 carries in the 1st half which is a lot.

Yep, the position everyone spent months talking about as the key to the offense is no big deal. I say plug Estime in there for some of these plays as his skills set in the open field is similar.

That is a good option. Then use Cornelius more at WR, and Avant. Erv was our best weapon in 1H against RI, but we have more depth at receiver than in most of our units.

just in time for the games we're going to lose anyway

please don't be married to h backs. run more plays with plain old 3 and 4 wide now. we don't need ben lewis trying to be percy gronkowski

I really, really hope you are wrong about this. Which games in the next several weeks is SU going to lose whether Erv plays or not?

I really, really hope you are wrong about this. Which games in the next several weeks is SU going to lose whether Erv plays or not?
I'll set up an answer to that question. Can Syracuse still win against Wake without the Swerve? Yes, but maybe more difficult. Can it still beat Central Michigan? Yes. Play Erv for LSU, then? No. We are losing that game no matter who plays. The next week is a bye. You can bring him back anytime after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom