Erv Out Several Weeks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Erv Out Several Weeks

The good news is Syracuse has already lost its 2 most focal, and probably most important, players. Can it get worse? Yes. We could lose Ish. We could lose Foy or Trudo. But the case is we've already lost the most important 2.

There's no words. As said before we simply are as snake bit as possible. We basically have to keep players out completely to protect them. Lets sit everyone against FSU. LSU is at home so I guess we have to at least try.

Erv injured his MCL and had surgery per Steve Infanti on Orange Nation. He is out several weeks. The football gods are not kind to Syracuse.
God is against this team for whatever reason and we have yet to figure it out. Crazy stuff these last 15 years.

I really, really hope you are wrong about this. Which games in the next several weeks is SU going to lose whether Erv plays or not?
i'm sorry, i meant he'll be back just in time for the games we'll get killed anyway

Erv injured his MCL and had surgery per Steve Infanti on Orange Nation. He is out several weeks. The football gods are not kind to Syracuse.

Meniscus. NOT MCL.
HUUUUUGE difference.

I mean, in fairness, we only had the hybrids carry the ball 5 times, total, last Saturday. Strickland had the most carries by a hybrid with 2. There were also only three receptions by hybrids. That's only 8 touches. I don't think it'll be a problem to run a more traditional offense since we basically did last week anyway.
erv scored 2 tds though. that screen play can't be taught

4-6 weeks on a miniscus is what my surgeon told me, also told me my tear was small enough that I could continue to play sports, then I blew my ACL 3 weeks later completely unrelated but in the same knee. Now I need surgery for both, :(

How can people compare Erv to Lewis?

I don't see them as similar players at all.

During the second half, after Erv was out, and once the game was in command, Lester called a play where Lewis ran the ball trying to get the edge. The play had little chance for success for several reasons including the fact that SU was fully committed to the run and not fooling anyone. Some are criticizing Lester for the call and assuming that Lester will run this same play against faster and better competition.

They are not the same. There will be a drop off. That's why Lewis is the second option, not the first. He runs more stiffly, is therefore not as elusive, and probably doesn't catch the ball as well. I'm just guessing here based on some gimme catches he has dropped. He is also not nearly as athletic. He cannot jump and leap like the Swerve and he can't plant his foot and get north and south NEARLY as quickly. BUT, he probably will be a more physical runner and might be able to deliver more of a hit.

florida state, clemson, and louisville are much better than us

Ok. I hope the performance tomorrow changes that perception just a little (away from being killed), but I also know that Erv playing tomorrow would really help.

Meniscus. NOT MCL.
HUUUUUGE difference.
true but since they're actually physically connected often with one theres a component with the other being involved to one degree or another. With a quickness cut and slash player this will effect his abilities and effectiveness at least somewhat the rest of the season as there's not enough time for full healing (min. 6-8 weeks). If we didn't have bad luck we'd have no luck at all. Red shirt the kid.

true but since they're actually physically connected often with one theres a component with the other being involved to one degree or another. With a quickness cut and slash player this will effect his abilities and effectiveness at least somewhat the rest of the season as there's not enough time for full healing (min. 6-8 weeks). If we didn't have bad luck we'd have no luck at all. Red shirt the kid.

To late to redshirt, once hes played a snap that ship has sailed.

They are not the same. There will be a drop off. That's why Lewis is the second option, not the first. He runs more stiffly, is therefore not as elusive, and probably doesn't catch the ball as well. I'm just guessing here based on some gimme catches he has dropped. He is also not nearly as athletic. He cannot jump and leap like the Swerve and he can't plant his foot and get north and south NEARLY as quickly. BUT, he probably will be a more physical runner and might be able to deliver more of a hit.
He looked good going up the seam on at least one completion last game. Probably gives us a better receiving option on the mid-range routes in traffic.

I don't understand all the negative posting about losing games because one player is out. Erv is good but he is only one player and this is a team sport. I always have faith that SU can win any game even if it is only a 1% chance.

I really feel like the staff should switch Estime and Lewis. Lewis is a natural receiver with good hands. Estime has already shown what he do with the ball and a little bit of space. Put Estime at Express Back he's too elusive not too.

He looked good going up the seam on at least one completion last game. Probably gives us a better receiving option on the mid-range routes in traffic.
I wouldn't argue Lewis looking good going up the seam. That's more of a tight end's bread and butter anyway. Or should be. But Erv will make a seam when he's out in the flat.

I really feel like the staff should switch Estime and Lewis. Lewis is a natural receiver with good hands. Estime has already shown what he do with the ball and a little bit of space. Put Estime at Express Back he's too elusive not too.
I almost wholeheartedly agree with this. But not being a coach I would have to defer to their wisdom on the matter. But everything you say I agree with. Make Lewis more of a traditional receiver or tight end as he was in the past. Replace Estime at wideout with Enoicy or Custis.

Maybe this all hinges on Estime being able to mentally latch onto the playbook in a short amount of time, his blocking ability (or lack thereof), or the staff's faith in Strickland?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom