ESPN ANALYST - Kansas 13 straight conference titles is more impressive than UCLA's consecutive title | Syracusefan.com

ESPN ANALYST - Kansas 13 straight conference titles is more impressive than UCLA's consecutive title

Oh Lord
Kansas generally plays no one of significance unless a conference foe is hot. I agree that the Big 12 has played good but would anyone claim that they are the ACC, the Big East in its heyday, even the B1G this season?

Will the NCAA sanction ESPN for failing to drug test analysts?

wasn't alive back then so I don't know if the old Pac-8 was as much of a joke as the Big 12 has been. A couple rotating contenders but KU hasn't been seriously threatened. Just a flashier version of the WCC.

Wait wait. Before you go crazy. The comparison was regular season conference titles. Not Big 12 titles vs national championships. Clearly, the playing field is much more even now than it was in UCLA's days and it is fair to compare the two things. I have no idea how the PAC8 was back in the day, but I suspect a bunch of scrubs. The Big 12 usually has mostly scrubs, 1 or 2 reasonable teams and 1 really good team (besides KU). That said, I can't really give a lot of credence to a conference who lets one team win 13 straight reg seasons. It is unthinkable that any conference with any shred of credibility would ever have that happen. KU is aided by the most insane home advantage in officiating that I have ever seen though, so that plays into it too.

Not only is the UCLA accomplishment never going to be matched, but those UCLA teams were better than anything Kansas has had over the past 13+ years.

Wait wait. Before you go crazy. The comparison was regular season conference titles. Not Big 12 titles vs national championships. Clearly, the playing field is much more even now than it was in UCLA's days and it is fair to compare the two things. I have no idea how the PAC8 was back in the day, but I suspect a bunch of scrubs. The Big 12 usually has mostly scrubs, 1 or 2 reasonable teams and 1 really good team (besides KU). That said, I can't really give a lot of credence to a conference who lets one team win 13 straight reg seasons. It is unthinkable that any conference with any shred of credibility would ever have that happen. KU is aided by the most insane home advantage in officiating that I have ever seen though, so that plays into it too.

Are you sure about that? I was pretty sure she said Kansas performing that well over a 2 month stretch year after year, was more impressive than someone performing well for only 3 weeks year after year.

But maybe I misinterpreted or misheard something.

The Big 12 had one really good season, that was the year Syracuse won the Big 12*...and the NC. Other than that, they have only had good seasons.

*For the young people, Syracuse played one Big 12 (Mizzou, if I recall) in the regular season and 4 Big 12 teams in the dance.