ESPN article on Babers and Cuse | Syracusefan.com

ESPN article on Babers and Cuse

Babers has the right personality and charisma to sell our program. He's recognized nationally as a cool, exciting coach. Even when we weren't qualifying for bowls, he never lost the team -- and in fact, quite the opposite, as key players returned every year to try to right the ship.

Now that he's surrounded by the right staff, this program is poised to take off. The key is to get to a couple of bowls in a row, which will result in sustained success and give the staff something positive to "sell" on the recruiting trail. Heck, Babers and staff have been recruiting impressively even when we WEREN'T winning. Looking forward to seeing what they can do now that the program's trajectory has passed an inflection point and is trending upwards.

Been a long time Rome listener, and you could always tell when he liked the person he interviews.

Dino's message is always about unity and the betterment of the individual, its hard not to like him.

Told the wife last night while we were watching the ESPN interview before the West V and VT game that the national media loves them some Dino.

Babers has the right personality and charisma to sell our program. He's recognized nationally as a cool, exciting coach. Even when we weren't qualifying for bowls, he never lost the team -- and in fact, quite the opposite, as key players returned every year to try to right the ship.

Now that he's surrounded by the right staff, this program is poised to take off. The key is to get to a couple of bowls in a row, which will result in sustained success and give the staff something positive to "sell" on the recruiting trail. Heck, Babers and staff have been recruiting impressively even when we WEREN'T winning. Looking forward to seeing what they can do now that the program's trajectory has passed an inflection point and is trending upwards.
I agree with most everything here. I caution that we haven't yet passed an inflection point. We have 3 wins, which makes us 3-3 over our last 6 and 8-7 since the start of last season. While the team has looked much improved over last year, we have more to prove before I'd say we're in an upward trend.

I agree with most everything here. I caution that we haven't yet passed an inflection point. We have 3 wins, which makes us 3-3 over our last 6 and 8-7 since the start of last season. While the team has looked much improved over last year, we have more to prove before I'd say we're in an upward trend.

That's fair.

But I'm way ahead of you, given what I've seen from Shrader, the WRs, and the Anae / Beck offense. To say nothing of how the DL has performed.

Get ready for 5-0.

Agree about Dino as a great representative for SU and as a leader of young men. He has overcome the tough years and deserves the success we are seeing.

One more observation. We have an unusual (for SU) collection of individual talent on the first teams, both units -- Jones, Shrader, Tucker, Williams, Chestnut, Bergeron, Wax. And a decent OL with some back-ups, for a change. It will be an exciting season if Shrader, Tucker & Jones stay healthy and the kids develop. Not a knock on anybody, but sustained success will depend on better recruiting.

Agree about Dino as a great representative for SU and as a leader of young men. He has overcome the tough years and deserves the success we are seeing.

One more observation. We have an unusual (for SU) collection of individual talent on the first teams, both units -- Jones, Shrader, Tucker, Williams, Chestnut, Bergeron, Wax. And a decent OL with some back-ups, for a change. It will be an exciting season if Shrader, Tucker & Jones stay healthy and the kids develop. Not a knock on anybody, but sustained success will depend on better recruiting.

This collection of talent proves they can recruit and develop. Patience is paying off

This collection of talent proves they can recruit and develop. Patience is paying off
This small collection of top talent proves SU can recruit and develop a small collection. It seems too much like 2018 when magic strikes, then you wait through thin years, until you have Shrader, Tucker, Jones & Williams with a few others. Do we have the depth or the sustained recruiting success? Not yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom