ESPN: Doug is wildcard...maybe to Buffalo | Syracusefan.com

ESPN: Doug is wildcard...maybe to Buffalo

arbitragegls

All Conference
...well Doug is making noise insofar as the NFL is considered. He has something most talked about college football coaches don't have: NFL EXPERIENCE. Here you go:
Marrone a NFL possibility?

i
Oregon's Chip Kelly, Alabama's Nick Saban and Penn State's Bill O'Brien are the popular collegiate coaches being bandied about as potential NFL head coaches. A surprise candidate could rise from the Big East's ranks.
"(Syracuse head coach) Doug Marrone is bit of a wild card. I would lean very strong toward staying at Cuse, but NFL guys love NFL guys. And he's been in the NFL," Ralph D. Russo of the Associated Press tweeted.
Marrone spent seven seasons as an offensive line coach and offensive coordinator of NFL teams before he returned to his alma mater to become its head coach.
An opening like the Buffalo Bills may be an intriguing opportunity for Marrone to stay close to home, but take the next step to the NFL.

Like I said, he is going to be mentioned but nothing truly serious will materialize this year or likely even he t. If the SU program continues to improve and impress, Marrone could easily be a hot candidate in 2014, but not just yet.

Take the NEXT STEP to the NFL??

Look, I know the Bills have sucked for all of this century but the last time I looked they were still IN the NFL. Right?

I just looked at their 2013 schedule and it has Montreal, Saskatchewan and Toronto on it.

[quote="
An opening like the Buffalo Bills may be an intriguing opportunity for Marrone to stay close to home, but take the next step to the NFL.[/quote]

New Orleans and Tennessee are closer to Marrone's "home" per se than Buffalo.

(Not literally obviously.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom