ESPN = Duke Shills | Syracusefan.com

ESPN = Duke Shills

HtownOrange

Living Legend
I was reading many of the ESPN commentators/reporters tweets. Most were outright Duke Shills. What a way to ruin a great game. They cried more about the fouls not being called than little girls!

We're in the ACC now!

To be fair they did tweet this after the game:

BfbxW6uCAAAzllz.jpg

To be fair they did tweet this after the game:

BfbxW6uCAAAzllz.jpg
Lawrinson needs to edit this one with J. Grant's face and the dude he blocked at the end of the game for Dook.

The game was reasonably well officiated. The problem for Duke fans (and their ESPN shills) is they are so used to getting 95% of all 50-50 calls that when they don't -it's "bad officiating". Several no calls at the end that are almost always no calls, they want to cry about it - fine. If they think the fouls on their guys weren't fouls, really? Did their fans attend a course on "The Rules of Basketball According to Aaron Craft" over the summer? They should know better than that. Anyone that thinks that officials decided this game can eat my a$$.

The bitter tears of the whiners on their scout board taste like nectar from heaven to me.

Frankly the only call I am ok with them complaining about is the lack of a foul call on the Hood dunk attempt at the end of the game. If that was CJ going to the rack, every person on this board would have been up in arms.

I watched it abotu 15 times, but I don't think you could be upset either way. Rak got ball at the top and arm to arm contact, whichever the official deemed happened first would be the call/no-call.

All the rest of it is purely calls throughout the game.

Lol, the creeped out retweets to that picture are hilarious.

What were they thinking with that bizarro drawing?

Lol, the creeped out retweets to that picture are hilarious.

What were they thinking with that bizarro drawing?
They were thinking, "hey, we're getting a good response to showing those Borkowski drawings, let's whip up one of our own!

And this evil spawn was what ensued. Also...burn it with fire! Kill it! KILL IT!

Frankly the only call I am ok with them complaining about is the lack of a foul call on the Hood dunk attempt at the end of the game. If that was CJ going to the rack, every person on this board would have been up in arms.

I watched it abotu 15 times, but I don't think you could be upset either way. Rak got ball at the top and arm to arm contact, whichever the official deemed happened first would be the call/no-call.

All the rest of it is purely calls throughout the game.

Ehh, hard to say, I've gotten mad at CJ on similar plays, just not similar situations with 30 seconds left in games, because he didn't finish at the rim on dunks like that. I watched the replay in slo-mo probably 10 times and most likely that won't get called a foul in basketball, as the ball was hit slightly before the elbows seem to touch, therefore it's gonna be ruled a block before contact, and it's gonna be even harder to judge in real time. Jay Williams even said it was a block. Shocker, I know.

The way most people don't look at it is like this. If he had made the dunk, there most likely wouldn't have been a foul called for a three point play either. If it's not called a foul on a make, it shouldn't be on a miss either. That's about as little contact as you'll ever see on a contested dunk in D1.

But Hood himself said in an interview after the game that although he felt some contact, he still knows he should have been able to finish the dunk, and he himself, did not, which was the real problem, not the no call.

Also, by definition, we would have had another possession anyways, due to a flagrant foul at the end there. Excessive contact without making an actual play on the ball is nearly always going to be a flagrant with those situations. Although I don't agree with it being called in situations such as that one, that is in fact, the rule. If this was the Big 12, it would have been a flagrant 2 easily no questions asked haha

Last edited:
The most annoying part of Vitale's "commentary" was him coaching from the announcers table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom