ESPN FPI | Syracusefan.com

ESPN FPI

upperdeck

Living Legend
Just shows how much it changes.. We go up to 42 with an 88% chance to win 6 games and a 1.1% to win the conf.. The bigger take is that lou/BC/Virg/Wake are behind us and NC st/pitt/FSU are only a little ahead of us.. Even more clear these are all toss up games if we play well.

and you wonder where NC and NCst would be had they lost like they both probably should have given how those games ended. FSU should have gone to OT. and Pitt was real lucky to win that game as well .

It might have ended up with us 3rd after week 1.

Purdue one spot behind us.. if we play well this week we might well be favored next week

Really have to like our chances to finally go bowling after getting that W
I like our chances too more so that we dominated then. Makes the chances of starting 5-0 much better.

Just shows how much it changes.. We go up to 42 with an 88% chance to win 6 games and a 1.1% to win the conf.. The bigger take is that lou/BC/Virg/Wake are behind us and NC st/pitt/FSU are only a little ahead of us.. Even more clear these are all toss up games if we play well.

It was nearly board consensus that this first game had a lot on the table.

Our ceiling is much higher now that we handled UL. Kick the huskies ass and get 42k plus in the dome for Purdue.

Last edited:
I like our chances too more so that we dominated then. Makes the chances of starting 5-0 much better.

I can’t talk myself into 5-0 that’s a hard thing to do especially with Purdue and Virginia on the slate. but I do like five more wins and we have Wagner and Yukon so we have to find 3 more which should be doable if we stay healthy.

I can’t talk myself into 5-0 that’s a hard thing to do especially with Purdue and Virginia on the slate. but I do like five more wins and we have Wagner and Yukon so we have to find 3 more which should be doable if we stay healthy.
Virginia didn’t look all that fabulous to me, they can easily be beaten and don’t think Anae doesn’t know Armstrongs shortcomings … White might be licking his chops in a few weeks.

FPI proof of credibility: even after barely beating BC, Rutgers is 5 spots behind BC, 77 and 72, respectively. Still overrated in my opinion, but Shady deserves every slight he can be given.
Best post I have seen today

FPI proof of credibility: even after barely beating BC, Rutgers is 5 spots behind BC, 77 and 72, respectively. Still overrated in my opinion, but Shady deserves every slight he can be given.
Rutgers fans will be strutting around after they are 3-0 but reality will hit after that, they are looking at 4-8 unless they beat both IU and Nebraska at home(giving them a split, I feel generous) then they go 5-7. They aren’t beating Iowa, Minnesota, Maryland or any of the Big 4 in their division. Can you imagine that Iowa game? Eeesh. 2-0 Iowa?

Virginia didn’t look all that fabulous to me, they can easily be beaten and don’t think Anae doesn’t know Armstrongs shortcomings … White might be licking his chops in a few weeks.

I’m staying grounded. This team has warts and health is going to be significant.

I wonder what the conference title chance would be according to FPI if Syracuse was in the costal?
Honestly I think Miami is the best team in the ACC … I think being in the Atlantic may be in our favor this season.

Honestly I think Miami is the best team in the ACC … I think being in the Atlantic may be in our favor this season.
I just think the computers heavily favor Clemson every year until someone finds a way to beat them so the %s seem low compared to costal players.

I just think the computers heavily favor Clemson every year until someone finds a way to beat them so the %s seem low compared to costal players.
Maybe but I just mean from what I’ve seen in games so far … I think the coastal may end up being as tough or tougher as a gauntlet.

No way, Clemson is still better. But I respect your opinion and so does Cristobal
I guess time will tell … I like Van Dyke a lot more than DJ … he will be the difference if healthy. Don’t forget Miami has two OL considered top 25 players in the ACC.

I guess time will tell … I like Van Dyke a lot more than DJ … he will be the difference if healthy. Don’t forget Miami has two OL considered top 25 players in the ACC.
Oh no comparison with the QBs, no doubt but I think Clemson is so good defensively and either DJ gets better or he will get benched

Oh no comparison with the QBs, no doubt but I think Clemson is so good defensively and either DJ gets better or he will get benched
Won’t matter if they can’t score … the inverse to that is they haven’t played anyone remotely decent on D. Look no further than how they lost that UGA game last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom