ESPN FPI | Syracusefan.com

ESPN FPI

We are ranked 34th and are projected to have 7.5 wins. I will sign up for that now. Round up the wins to 8 vs down to 7 would be great. Clemson, FSU and NC are the three opponents ranked ahead of us, Pitt is right behind us at 35.
That's fair assessment

Anything less than 7 and a bowl will be disappointing

here is where all 11 of our FBS opponents rank:

CLEM 8th
FSU 14th
NC 25th
PITT 35th
WAKE 47th
PUR 50th
VT 63rd
GT 65th
BC 74th
ARMY 102nd
WMU 120th

Only see 2 fairly certain losses.
Hot take - FSU wins the ACC. 3-Seed in the Playoffs.
I don’t think it’s hot, they look like an elite team. Their OOC(LSU and Florida) plus having to go to Clemson are where I have a question, they lose 2 of those they are out

FSU should be very good this year, but their schedule is challenging. They open the year vs LSU in Orlando, are at Clemson, and at Florida. Have to go 2-1 there and sweep the rest.

FSU should be very good this year, but their schedule is challenging. They open the year vs LSU in Orlando, are at Clemson, and at Florida. Have to go 2-1 there and sweep the rest.
They are loading up in recruiting again. Looking like the old Noles are on the horizon

Stay healthy, fortify the OL and they could have a 2018-like season.
All comes down to Reed and whether Babers has a plan B in the works. When have we ever had a guy cleared by the NCAA when it mattered?

FPI is a joke but if it likes Syracuse Football that is an opinion I am willing to lose
That’s the beauty of rankings and predictions, if they are favorable to SU it’s great and if not, they are morons

here is where all 11 of our FBS opponents rank:

CLEM 8th
FSU 14th
NC 25th
PITT 35th
WAKE 47th
PUR 50th
VT 63rd
GT 65th
BC 74th
ARMY 102nd
WMU 120th

OK, so -
We need to sneak 1 win vs the top 4.
Then get 6/7 from all those teams behind us.
Plus the soupcan.

8 wins.

Who doesn’t take that in a heartbeat?

Make It So Star Trek GIF

Pitt has new QB. Though he's a multi-year starter at BC, he was more hype than anything else
Wake same O, new QB. No way as good as Hartman
Purdue, New coach, new schemes, new QB. Lose best receiver and TE.
NC, new QB, new scheme (Anai). Probably will be good, but any better than us? Not sure about that.
Army, triple option is gone. Going Air Force passing attack offense. Bad D last year.

So many teams with new QBs and new schemes. We return our QB (who was heads and shoulders better last year than the previous) and QB coach who is now offensive coordinator. Questions are at Corners and OL, but other than Clemson and FSU, I don't see any team so much better than us that we don't have a good chance of winning. Could be 9-10 win season.

Pitt has new QB. Though he's a multi-year starter at BC, he was more hype than anything else
NC, new QB, new scheme (Anai). Probably will be good, but any better than us? Not sure about that.
Army, triple option is gone. Going Air Force passing attack offense. Bad D last year.

So many teams with new QBs and new schemes. We return our QB (who was heads and shoulders better last year than the previous) and QB coach who is now offensive coordinator. Questions are at Corners and OL, but other than Clemson and FSU, I don't see any team so much better than us that we don't have a good chance of winning. Could be 9-10 win season.
I like I like. And I somehow missed that Army has dumped the Triple Option, that makes me very happy

If there's one thing that the last 20 years of Syracuse football have taught me is that Pitt could start literally anyone at QB and they will still win 27-10 and outrush us by 100 yards.

Getting Purdue in Week 3 when presumably they are still unsettled is huge. Have the chance to be 4-0 hosting Clemson end of September.

Don't forget the one aw stuffe loss that SU traditionally has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom