ESPN insider MCW Best PG | Syracusefan.com

ESPN insider MCW Best PG

SourShoes

2nd String
Insider

The discussion: Who is the nation's top point guard?

Jay Bilas: This not a stellar year for point guards, but there are several point guards out there who can play. If I am considering a long-term prospect, and which point guard will best take me into the future, I don't see a Chris Paul or Deron Williams in this year's crop. But there is one I believe could be the best of the bunch in time, Syracuse point guardMichael Carter-Williams. He is very good now, as best evidenced by his assist numbers, but Carter-Williams also has the most potential to grow as a player and become truly special.

Chad Ford: It depends on what you mean by "best."

If you are talking about the best long-term NBA prospect in the country, that's looking more and more like Syracuse's Carter-Williams.

Carter-Williams not only leads the NCAA in assists, but his assist ratio (the percentage of a player's possessions that end in an assist) is an incredible 39.4. In other words, nearly 40 percent of his possessions end in an assist. He's a hawk on the defensive end as well, averaging 3.8 steals per game (third in the NCAA). He can be a gifted scorer and his size (6-foot-6, 185 pounds) for the position is outstanding.

Carter-Williams has Kendall Marshall-type floor vision with more size, more athleticism and more offense. Given that Marshall was a lottery pick in a stronger draft last year, that bodes really well for Carter-Williams' chances in the 2013 NBA draft. Currently, we have Carter-Williams ranked as the top point guard prospect on our Big Board and have him ranked overall as a top-10 pick. If he ever finds his shooting stroke, he could end up in the top five on draft night.

This feels no different to me than Wes after the UNC game. Kid's gone--especially when you factor in his age.

Lot of haters in the comments. Can't wait to see how good he can be in BE play.

Comment sections are filled with fans who never watch any teams but their own.

MCW is very good and also very gone, wish it wasn't true. We better ride him all the way...

Comment sections are filled with fans who never watch any teams but their own.

So you're saying the comment section there is filled with posters from the football board? j/k j/k!

44cuse

I don't think mcw is ready yet. Another year at cuse would really aid his development. :eek:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

*waits for someone to inevitably say how MCW isn't quite ready and another year will aid his development*

As I think you are stating, he is clearly ready. He might need more of an NBA body but in every other aspect he's ready. With a year to develop his skills and body he'll make some lottery team fans very happy.

Would have loved to have seen what he could have done w/ Waiters

Might have not been the best combo considering both are at their best with the ball in their hands and neither being knock down jump shooters, both seem streaky. Not saying they wouldn't be wildly successful together but I doubt you max either. When MCW is in the game the offense already goes through him 100% of the time. Thats the type of player he is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom