ESPN Insider projects the 2014 ACC records | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Insider projects the 2014 ACC records

Alsacs

Living Legend
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...am-records-division-rankings-college-football

I will include just Syracuse blurb since its insider.
4. Syracuse Orange
Projected finish: 6-6 (3-5)
Chance to win ACC: 0 percent
Chance to finish 11-1 or 12-0: 0 percent

The projection model says Syracuse is going to be better in 2014 than it was in 2013, but it won't have a better record to show for it. Based on its possession-efficiency data last season, Syracuse should have lost at least two more games than it did. If Syracuse does show improvement in 2014, it needs to start with consistent drive success. The Orange pushed only 27 percent of their offensive possessions across the opponent's 30-yard line, the 110th-lowest rate in the nation. They'll also need to keep their heads up through a very difficult stretch with games against Notre Dame, Louisville and Florida State in consecutive weekends (48 percent likelihood of losing all three).

The standings are Atlantic 1. FSU 2. Louisville 3. Clemson 4. Syracuse 5. NC State 6. BC 7. Wake
Coastal 1. VPI 8-4, 5-3 record so they predict another mediocre yr for the Coastal.
2. North Carolina 3. Pitt 4. Duke 5. Georgia Tech 6. Miami 7. Virginia.
ESPN predicts 11 bowl teams for the ACC again next year only BC, Wake, UVA are short of 6 wins.

192at6dm0ys95gif.gif

I have seen to much to believe anyone has zero percent at anything in sports.
seriously, what are the odds?? 10,000,000-1??

i got $10 left over from lunch ill drop on it.

zero percent.

I just don't get all of the Louisville love. Struggled to get what they got last year with Teddy B., they need to prove it.

Exactly, we lose Nassib and get thrown in the cellar in the following year predictions. They lost Bridgewater, an arguably better QB, and they're picked to finish 2nd in the division. smh.

seriously, what are the odds?? 10,000,000-1??

i got $10 left over from lunch ill drop on it.

zero percent.

If those are the odds, then would you be willing to drop $10 million dollars for the chance of winning $1

What is that Hoya math you employed here???... It's the exact opposite (you risk $1 to win $10 mil)
I'm talking about betting they won't go undefeated... kind of an "if you're so sure..."

The beating I foresee us putting on Louisville this season will be Legen-hold on, hold on-dary.

Although Louisville lost Bridgwater and Strong, I would argue they upgraded their head coach position with Petrino. Petrino is a rotten man, but if you look away from his personality he produces results. He is an excellent X and O coach who wins. Over the 10 years before Petrino showed up, Arkansas won 7.5 games a year and had only 1 season where they had double digit victories (10). Petrino led them to double digit victories in 2 of his 4 seasons (10 and 11 wins) and two top 10 rankings in those years. The guy can flat out coach.

Petrino is installing a new system at Louisville and doesn't have the players he needs He is still trying to finish recruiting for their 2014 class and is going the JUCO route. Has already signed a JUCO QB and Safety.

Although Louisville lost Bridgwater and Strong, I would argue they upgraded their head coach position with Petrino. Petrino is a rotten man, but if you look away from his personality he produces results. He is an excellent X and O coach who wins. Over the 10 years before Petrino showed up, Arkansas won 7.5 games a year and had only 1 season where they had double digit victories (10). Petrino led them to double digit victories in 2 of his 4 seasons (10 and 11 wins) and two top 10 rankings in those years. The guy can flat out coach.
yes, but he none of the players know him, his style, or most importantly his system. I have no doubt he will have win/loss success at the ville but to expect the players to be as crisp and comfortable playing his style in year one is a bit of a stretch.

also any year you have a brand new starting QB, they need to adjust, and that will be the case this year. PS there is very little chance that he will be as good as TB, no matter how well he adjust for a first year starting QB

Count me as displeased if 'Ville takes the game from us this year (the only three losses that wont leave me as upset are FSU, Clemson, ND, although we we probably lose another, those are the three i can most rationalize)

9-3 or bust baby!

yes, but he none of the players know him, his style, or most importantly his system. I have no doubt he will have win/loss success at the ville but to expect the players to be as crisp and comfortable playing his style in year one is a bit of a stretch.

also any year you have a brand new starting QB, they need to adjust, and that will be the case this year. PS there is very little chance that he will be as good as TB, no matter how well he adjust for a first year starting QB

Count me as displeased if 'Ville takes the game from us this year (the only three losses that wont leave me as upset are FSU, Clemson, ND, although we we probably lose another, those are the three i can most rationalize)

9-3 or bust baby!

Clemson is in a different position this year also without Boyd. Their QB situation is still unsettled and Dabo just brought in a fourth QB..their version of Drew Allen. A transfer from Stanford who played in only one game, a blowout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom