ESPN is dying a slow death. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN is dying a slow death.

I love the that PMT is specifically making fun of meathead sports fan and clowns like Sarah Spain don't get it.

Did you listen to their last podcast yet? I found some of their comments about how everything went down with ESPN real interesting.

Did you listen to their last podcast yet? I found some of their comments about how everything went down with ESPN real interesting.

Yep I did. PFT sounded pissed at Portonoy to me.

Oh weird that you enjoy watching a guy who has conservative views. It's almost like you don't have a problem with not sticking to sports as long as the views espoused match your own. Kind of like the people who scream about Liberal Hollywood but get turned on every time Clint Eastwood or Kid Rock open their blowholes about politics.

What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?

The double standard of Republicans complaining about people in sports or entertainment having outspoken political views, except for when their political views align with the sports star or celebrity. Then it's cool. Thought I made my point pretty clearly, but maybe it was a bit rambling.

I truly believe the real reason ESPN is dying is way more simple and way less political or hypocritical or whatever.

It's 2017. I don't have to watch sportscenter anymore to find out what's happening in the day in sports.

They paid an ENORMOUS amount for the CFP playoff, NBA, and MNF.

Most of my friends only watch espn for games. That's it.

I think you're right. Those are the main reasons. Their political leanings are just icing on the cake but it's a very thick icing because it seems to infect most of what they do.

Just curious, why do you think ESPN is dumb?

I think they are a poor judge of talent. Like 20 years behind the times.

Headlining shows with the likes of Mike Greenberg and Hill and Smith. They were once at the peak of pop culture with people like Patrick/Olbermann/Kilborn/Stu Scott , then onto starting PTi and introducing Bill Simmons. Now boring, unfunny, and predictable. Only one who's great is Van Pelt.

Add on to that: their repeated self inflicted wounds with the social media incidents. How they dealt with Simmons suspensions. Just totally tone def. So basically by dumb, I mean, They just don't seem to knownwhat they are doing and what they want to be

It honestly amazes me that Comedy Central doesn't have a true sports show. If done right it could be fantastic

I think they are a poor judge of talent. Like 20 years behind the times.

Headlining shows with the likes of Mike Greenberg and Hill and Smith. They were once at the peak of pop culture with people like Patrick/Olbermann/Kilborn/Stu Scott , then onto starting PTi and introducing Bill Simmons. Now boring, unfunny, and predictable. Only one who's great is Van Pelt.

Add on to that: their repeated self inflicted wounds with the social media incidents. How they dealt with Simmons suspensions. Just totally tone def. So basically by dumb, I mean, They just don't seem to knownwhat they are doing and what they want to be

Gotcha. Thx for explaining.

This barstool decision just shows how dumb ESPN is.

They ended the Barstool Van Talk because of Sam Ponder and Sarah Spain. We have changed what a joke.

Look at these. John Skipper is a joke.

DM7Dx7QWkAUBd9J

DM7DzgBX4AMHMe9

Having read this thread, I am so happy I have no idea who any of these people or shows are, other than Ponder. She is a sideline reporter, right?

Having read this thread, I am so happy I have no idea who any of these people or shows are, other than Ponder. She is a sideline reporter, right?

Hosts NFL countdown now

Hosts NFL countdown now

Well, there you go.

I used to watch that show religiously...What is it now? 2 hours? It is overkill. Stopped watching it a few years ago...

Then I help prove the point.

I pretty much only watch games on ESPN these days...The only non-games I watch are ESPN Gameday and the college football wrap-up (which may not even be on ESPN - not sure) and I only watch them while making/eating breakfast or will have on in the background while doing something else...

Well, there you go.

I used to watch that show religiously...What is it now? 2 hours? It is overkill. Stopped watching it a few years ago...

Then I help prove the point.

I pretty much only watch games on ESPN these days...The only non-games I watch are ESPN Gameday and the college football wrap-up (which may not even be on ESPN - not sure) and I only watch them while making/eating breakfast or will have on in the background while doing something else...

I think it's been 3 hours for a long time now. Could be mistaken though.

Agree for the most part; only really watch ESPN for the games.

I think it's been 3 hours for a long time now. Could be mistaken though.

Agree for the most part; only really watch ESPN for the games.
You mean you don't want to watch NFL Countdown for 3 hours as they spend 2:45 talking about the Patriots and Cowboys?

You mean you don't want to watch NFL Countdown for 3 hours as they spend 2:45 talking about the Patriots and Cowboys?

You know, I've seen commercials promoting it with a "new start time" of 10 am this year; I could have sworn it's been 10 am for years.

I sometimes watch their fantasy football show Sunday mornings, as I'm killing time before the games start. I may be a bad example though, because other than live sports, I'm pretty much exclusively watching WWE network.