ESPN Is Looking Foolish | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Is Looking Foolish

So absurd, it just pisses me off as half of espn is running with this story as if fine is guilty

If and more than likely now, when, Bernie Fine is proven innocent can we run a scandal story on ESPN and their irresponsonsible journalism? The perils of slander, how it can destroy a good person, how to properly fact check a story and how to not act like a complete jackass when you report a story based on no evidence? Marc Schwarz and half of ESPN, Dana O'Neil included with her "this is real, this is scandal" sensationalism need to go down in flames. Unfortunately ESPN is a monopoly, there isnt anyone else to bring them down. ESPN needs a wake up call. This story and Scott Van Pelt's testimony as to how it was put out there is enough to make you want to throw up. It is quite obvious they knew they had nothing and basically said lets see if this sticks. Now they have nothing and have resorted to putting "journalists" out there to subtly insinuate this is real and prop up talking puppets like Roger Cossack etc. to commentate on the non-story, hoping they can use their stature to imply something happened. Sickening. I think our student section should make a statement big head style with anti-ESPN signs every game throughout the year.

When reading this I saw the "If true, this is a scandal" statement. I continued reading waiting for the fair and balanced statement and accompanying analysis "If this is not tue". Unfortunately not was forthcoming. Talk about circling the wagons! ESPN is doing exactly what the the PSU administration has done.

Probably the 2nd most sport-shocking allegations in decades ... and ESPN is now pushing the story back to the ~25-30 minute mark on sportscenter... they really have nothing else it seems. Shameful reporting, even if its true.

Wow- that is pretty bad. The article throws Fine under the bus and shows two pictures of him under the assumption of the child abuse scandal.

Contrast this with her article on her beloved alma mater Penn State from a week ago-http://espn.go.com/college-football...n-state-nittany-lions-scandal-stuns-community Her supposed point in the Fine article yesterday is to give more publicity to child sex scandals, yet her article highlights pictures of only Bernie Fine and nothing remarkably about PSU. In contrast, in her PSU article, she has no pics of Jerry Sandusky; rather just pics of PSU fans at games with Joe Pa signs and discussion of a PSU alum perspective.

Here is an actual quote from her PSU article a week ago:
"If the Duke lacrosse case has taught us anything, we don't know what we don't know."

Dear Dana-
Please read your own work.

Probably the 2nd most sport-shocking allegations in decades ... and ESPN is now pushing the story back to the ~25-30 minute mark on sportscenter... they really have nothing else it seems. Shameful reporting, even if its true.

I was just about to say, im watching right now and we are sandwiched between a 5 minute college football preview of today and Davidson/Duke, 25 minutes into SportsCenter. Denial of Allegations-Marc Schwarz/accusers arent even the story anymore. Bernie Fine's statement was very, VERY, well done. Tim Welsh kills it!!!!