ESPN issues apology for Brent Musburger's Katherine Webb comments | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN issues apology for Brent Musburger's Katherine Webb comments

Miss Alabama went on the record today, saying that she was not offended at all, going so far as to say that Brent was very complimentary.

Remember years ago when Brent essentially made Jenn Sterger into a media sensation during a Florida State game? How come no apology then, ESPN?

No doubt. And, Miss Alabama, certainly will most benefit from this amazing amount of attention she is now getting...

Brent should have went all Darnell Dockett on her and tweeted her his # and invited her to a strip club. In case you dont know what im talking about...Darnell Dockett sent her a failed private message that ended up as a public tweet on her Twitter in which he gave her his phone number and invited her to a strip club with him.

Miss Alabama went on the record today, saying that she was not offended at all, going so far as to say that Brent was very complimentary.

Remember years ago when Brent essentially made Jenn Sterger into a media sensation during a Florida State game and then went on to fame and Favre? How come no apology then, ESPN?

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/08/katherine-webb-bcs-brent-musberger-video-flattered/
kinda figured that'd be the case, good for her. And oh yeah did I say she's a hottie!!

If she's good with it, it's a non story and ESPN is being ridiculous.

are there rumors about Erin and that asshat?

Yes the rumors were that Erin was being removed from Gameday if she reupped with ESPN because of her relationship with Herbie. I have a friend at NBCSports and she confirmed it was a well known tryst.

All i know is he probably saw her naked at some point last night. Sigh. Life is so unfair sometimes.

All i know is he probably saw her naked at some point last night. Sigh. Life is so unfair sometimes.
No way sure is pure and virginal (is that a word) she is Ms. Alabama.;)

Darnell Dockett's tweet at her that he meant to Direct Message but actually posted was way funnier. I was rolling laughing for about 10 minutes. That said, Katherine Webb is banging, I don't blame Musberger. I know I sent a tweet when I saw her that McCarron was a lucky man.

ESPN should issue an apology for masquerading as a sports station and subjecting it's viewers to what they call "analyzation" when all they're doing is stroking certain conferences. Roll f*cking Tide ESPN commercials anybody?

The real apology should have been the fact that they showed that game in it's entirety. He commented on the fact that she is a good looking woman. Like someone else mentioned, I could see if she was like 15 years old or something but come on...she is freakin Miss Alabama, she is known by her looks.

All he said was that she's a beautiful woman and that quarterbacks get the beautiful women. Both are true. He didn't say anything wrong IMO. I thought it was funny.

In the chat room, we chuckled at Brent's seeming crush on her... which was kind of funny. But there was NOTHING wrong with what he said. As others here have said... she has made a CAREER of strutting down runways trying to impress people with her looks. Now she's hit it big time on national tv. Good for her!

It's laughable that ESPN thought an apology was needed for what Brent said, he didn't say anything bad or creepy.

Attractive co-eds are attracted to quarterbacks?
Who knew?

I set aside an entire night to watch that game, but it was so bad that I bailed halfway through. The only memorable part of that game occured when Brent gave voice to his feelings. I would have watched the whole thing if they had stopped showing the game in the third quarter and simply had Brent comment on the crowd and sidelines. Brent deserves an Emmy for telling the public what it needed to know, a Pulitzer for his ability to say things in a memorable way, and a Nobel for reminding the world that we should all be lovers, not fighters.

We need some of her pagent swimsuit photos posted on here to be sure she is in deed hot!

We need some of her pagent swimsuit photos posted on here to be sure she is in deed hot!

images

She is indeed, hot.

And here I am thinking that Brent was squinting to see the field better, my bad.