ESPN MEDIA ZONE: Top 25 Markets for Saturday Night Football | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN MEDIA ZONE: Top 25 Markets for Saturday Night Football

Based on this data, I think the ACC should try and make a play for Tennessee. Knoxville, Nashville, and Memphis all apparently love college football. And if they don't want to do that, maybe the SEC will consider a swap, Wake for Vandy? This way the ACC can get into Tennessee and the SEC can get into North Carolina without doing any damage to either conference.

Last paragraph was written with tongue firmly in cheek.

Cheers,
Neil

As I understand the numbers they ard broken down into share of nation's tv sets and share of those vie
viewing. Has nothing to do with the DMA.

But number of TVHHs is what DMAs are all about. So it has something to do with it. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

What I understand Upstate SC (Greenville/Spartanburg) is pro ACC...the rest of the state is pro SEC. But SC is a mix of both.

The Greenville TV market includes Asheville, NC and a lot of western North Carolina.

Interesting that Ft. Myers (Gulf Coast of FL) is considered ACC. Any idea if that is supposed to include the Miami market? Just seems weird they would call the market Ft. Myers and not Miami (which is 1 1/2 hours away on the East coast).

Fort Myers has its own TV stations, so it's considered a separate market, just like Utica, Binghamton, Watertown and Elmira.