ESPN Power Rankings. What Jay Bilas? | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Power Rankings. What Jay Bilas?

slidingdown

Puts syrup on his syrup
He has us 8th. Behind (among other teams) Louisville. Who, some of you may remember, we just beat. On the road. Without our second leading scorer.

I lost a lot of respect for Bilas over the past 2 minutes. A lot.

He has us 8th. Behind (among other teams) Louisville. Who, some of you may remember, we just beat. On the road. Without our second leading scorer.

I think he's being funny.

That is very strange. Would like to hear/read his justification.

Not that it matters, but I would like to see the reason. :noidea:

Who cares.

Exactly. I remember this one team that wasn't even ranked going into a season, that wound up winning a national championship. It's Bilas's opinion, he's entitled to it. And furthermore, power rankings are nothing more than fodder that companies like ESPN do to get fan's stirred up and interested. They are what they are.

What I know is that this team just went on the road and beat a very good team in their barn without our leading scorer. I don't need ESPN to tell me what I see.

I posted something in the other thread, thinking it'd be interesting to hear why he ranks us where he does (as well as why he has Mich the lowest of all voters too).

Then, I remembered that Bilas has started his own computer analysis/ranking system. I wonder if he uses those rankings to cast his vote?

Wait a minute here! I said something negative about Bilas and had five different posters bash me since he is such an SU supporter. Where's the outrage with this post?! :)

Wait a minute here! I said something negative about Bilas and had five different posters bash me since he is such an SU supporter. Where's the outrage with this post?! :)

If Bilas and Joe Buck ever called a game together, the world would officially come to a screeching halt as the audience would be subjected to a 2 hour effort to prove who's more "too cool for school".

I, for one, am outraged that anyone dare question Jay Bilas.

Wait...

I posted something in the other thread, thinking it'd be interesting to hear why he ranks us where he does (as well as why he has Mich the lowest of all voters too).

Then, I remembered that Bilas has started his own computer analysis/ranking system. I wonder if he uses those rankings to cast his vote?

Is that the BPI? BPI we are 6th.

8th seems about as low as you could possibly rank us.

Is that the BPI? BPI we are 6th.

8th seems about as low as you could possibly rank us.

Yup - that's what I was thinking of. I didn't check it before I posted that.

Jon Wilner, who has a vote in the AP Poll, ranked us 10th.

I'm not sure how I can see that one.

If we had played a game without James and not played well, sure, I could see it. But I don't think you can really hold not having James against us after a win @Lville.

Good thing they don't matter.

of course it doesn't matter. but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous.