ESPN Ranks Non-Conf Schedules | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Ranks Non-Conf Schedules

We will also be a better team, their tools but atleast they didn't say Maryland would beat us. I'll take 3-1

syr02esq said:
We will beat Maryland. It won't be close.

Agreed. I don't think they watched a single Syracuse game last season - and certainly not the Maryland game.

No surprise dumber and dumber let us know we should expect a 2-2 start. Sorry ladies, but I think I can speak for most when I say we certainly do not expect a 2-2 start. It's a never ending fight for respect. I can't wait until we finally MAKE them respect us.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/...nonconference-schedules?ex_cid=espnapi_public

It is truly mindblowing how little respect we get. Really, we should EXPECT to lose to Maryland in the Dome? Oh yeah, I forgot, they will be better, but I guess a team that smacked around Maryland in it's first year in the ACC with a 1st year staff and a 1st year QB should expect to lose to them this time because we can't possibly be better. I think Heather should expect a pink slip, if only she worked for someone who had any integrity whatsoever!

LOL Pitt. Football and Basketball they will never learn how to schedule

It is truly mindblowing how little respect we get. Really, we should EXPECT to lose to Maryland in the Dome? Oh yeah, I forgot, they will be better, but I guess a team that smacked around Maryland in it's first year in the ACC with a 1st year staff and a 1st year QB should expect to lose to them this time because we can't possibly be better. I think Heather should expect a pink slip, if only she worked for someone who had any integrity whatsoever!

It's funny. In the comments on Louisville, this is what they write: "It's definitely a good setup for a team trying to break it a new coaching staff and quarterback.
And yet, as you said, that same line of thinking didn't apply to us.

Okay so Syracuse went on the road and BEAT Maryland by double-digits without the threat of passing game, and the following year at the Dome Maryland is supposed to beat Syracuse? I get Maryland had a few injuries last year, but Syracuse fans SHOULD expect 3-1 with that schedule my god. Dinich and Adelson honestly are idiots if they think we expect to lose at home to Maryland. If Maryland had a top 10 recruiting class or something I could see the optimism. However, maybe Maryland has a slightly more talent 1-85, but its not enough to negate homefield advantage. If Syracuse goes 2-2 in the non-conference I will ticked off next year.

4-0. Notre Dame...big deal. They've had one strong team in the last 20 years. They play tight games with Pitt every year, and lost to them last year.

I fully expect to beat Maryland too. C'mon.

Maryland will be tougher than what we saw last year, even though it was at their home. They will have their two best WR's Diggs and Long, back from injury, as well as their best RB, Wes Brown, a legal numb nuts who will be back from suspension. Last years game was almost a perfect storm, the only departure being CJ Brown coming back from an injury as opposed to his teammates just going on it. Diggs, Long, and Brown will make this a different game. Of course, let's see how UMD's o-line losses affect them. Oh, and let's see how their new QB does. However, great talent at WR and RB will lake their job easier. Just playing devil's advocate here on an automatic win.

I just don't get the "should" expect 2-2 start. Maryland will be better for sure, but What.

I think many here are underestimating ND, they will be a very tough next year

C Bomb said:
Maryland will be tougher than what we saw last year, even though it was at their home. They will have their two best WR's Diggs and Long, back from injury, as well as their best RB, Wes Brown, a legal numb nuts who will be back from suspension. Last years game was almost a perfect storm, the only departure being CJ Brown coming back from an injury as opposed to his teammates just going on it. Diggs, Long, and Brown will make this a different game. Of course, let's see how UMD's o-line losses affect them. Oh, and let's see how their new QB does. However, great talent at WR and RB will lake their job easier. Just playing devil's advocate here on an automatic win.

If their line doesn't get better none of the help will help. They couldn't run or pass block. I see more of the same if our interior D linemen can get close to Bromley production.

Maryland will be breaking-in a new QB in a hostile environment on the road, against an attacking, aggressive SU defense. I like those odds.

We will beat Maryland. It won't be close.

It's our OOC swing game. Win that one are we are a pretty good shot to go bowling.

4-0. Notre Dame...big deal. They've had one strong team in the last 20 years. They play tight games with Pitt every year, and lost to them last year.

I fully expect to beat Maryland too. C'mon.

We've won 2 out of 3 against them since 2003. That's pretty good, considering it hasn't been our strongest period, to say the least.