ESPN reached out to Davis after PSU allegations? | Syracusefan.com

ESPN reached out to Davis after PSU allegations?

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
WhitlockJason Jason Whitlock

RT @CoachLiz25: Syr Post-Std reporting ESPN reached out to Davis again in the wake of the PSU scandal. Then step-bro corroborates. Hmm...

Interesting, because Schwartz said the exact opposite this morning - that Davis and his step-bro came to ESPN.

as much as I hate Whitlock - he is going to be on a mission to discredit ESPN and I think he will be all over this story and investigate the investigation

if true, espn for trying to make a story out of nothing

as much as I hate Whitlock - he is going to be on a mission to discredit ESPN and I think he will be all over this story and investigate the investigation

why would you hate jason whitlock? maybe you're not a jeff george fan

So, ESPN dragged this out of the archives to get a new story and approached the accuser, rather than the accuser deciding to come forward? This actually makes more sense to me. If true, ESPN should indeed burn.

what story is actually reporting ESPN contacted this guy? not seeing it

I didn't see anything on the PS about this, but if true, that's pretty dreadful that ESPN pushed to create news. Especially since they investigated previously and found it not credible.

This matches my opinion (reposted here). The demeanor of the reporter is just too aggressive to believe he didn't initiate this new round of activity.

I'm interested in who contacted the police this time too. My own OPINION of what happened is this:

1. Davis contacts ESPN in 2003. Schwartz investigates for OTL. Nothing comes of it. Goes into "rainy day file".
2. PSU scandal explodes, causing investigative sports journalists drool with envy over breaking such a story. Bell goes off.
3. Schwartz goes to the warehouse, dusts off the Davis allegations and goes to Syracuse to try to dig up a corroborating witness.
4. The long lost inebriated step-brother is produced. Schwartz notifies SPD (due to the fallout of the PSU thing AND the fact that a police investigation seems to bolster/confirm the story has veracity.)
5. Schwartz begins his personal media blitz, including sprinkling snow on the lapel and hair for the live shots from Syracuse. Because Syracuse=Snow and this whole thing is relying on imagery, embellishment, innuendo, etc.

I am not judging whether or not the accusations are true or not. This is just the order in which I think things have happened over the past 72 hours.