ESPN Returns Coaches Film Room for College Football Playoff Semifinals | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Returns Coaches Film Room for College Football Playoff Semifinals

I have low expectations for the Cotton Bowl group.

Mack Brown hired GRob. Twice.

Johnson knows the option. He doesn't have a clue how to beat Clemson. If this was the Army-Navy game, he makes sense to invite.

The only thing Clawson knows about ND and Clemson is that he can't beat them. "Yeah, these guys embarrassed us so badly, they got my defensive coordinator fired."

I had to look up who Mike Norvell is. Turns out he is the new Memphis football HC.

Anticipated comments from Mike:

"Wow, they would put up 100 on us easy."

"Man, their ball boy would start at QB for my team."

"Those Clemson uniforms are nice. And clean too! I wonder who cleans them? I have to wash ours..."

"I wonder why I am here? Hey Clawson, can I have your wings?"

Johnson knows the option. He doesn't have a clue how to beat Clemson. If this was the Army-Navy game, he makes sense to invite.

The only thing Clawson knows about ND and Clemson is that he can't beat them. "Yeah, these guys embarrassed us so badly, they got my defensive coordinator fired."

I had to look up who Mike Norvell is. Turns out he is the new Memphis football HC.

"Those Clemson uniforms are nice. And clean too! I wonder who cleans them? I have to wash ours..."

Actually living down here in NC and having UNC connections GRob isn't getting the DC job.
The backlash to his potential hiring caused Mack Brown to backoff. GRob isn't joining UNC as DC. Mack hired Dre Bly as a defensive assistant.
I don't care to spread that news on this board as GRob is a bad memory.

Actually living down here in NC and having UNC connections GRob isn't getting the DC job.
The backlash to his potential hiring caused Mack Brown to backoff. GRob isn't joining UNC as DC. Mack hired Dre Bly as a defensive assistant.
I didn't realize he was forced to back off that choice. It was announced as a done deal initially. Still, he hired him once and tried to hire him again. That tells me all I need to know about Mack Brown.

I would have liked to see Dino for that TCU Cal game last night. Either His head would have exploded watching those two offenses or he would have had to cover his laughing face the whole time

I happen to like Mack Brown (Greg Robinson actually coached Brown's Texas defense quite well - twice)

I have watched the final few minutes of the win over Clemsion on YouTube - Mack is the color analyst and very complimentary to our Program.

So, I look forward to hearing from him.

I thought we had a thread that covered this.

So Herm will dominate Addazio and Patterson who is a bit of a mad scientist is also a scientist in that personality sense, a bit of an introvert or wall flower. It will be the Herm show.

Booger McFarland. I wonder if he'll tell us again that you can only have 7 men on the line of scrimmage (which is not the rule). This isn't the only rule he's gotten wrong. The guy may be engaging but he doesn't even know the rules of the game he played.

I am going to assume this happened because that bad group of coaches was a disaster for the play in games and they couldn't get a better group to sit in.

Booger McFarland. I wonder if he'll tell us again that you can only have 7 men on the line of scrimmage (which is not the rule). This isn't the only rule he's gotten wrong. The guy may be engaging but he doesn't even know the rules of the game he played.

Booger Mcfarland is the worst I've ever heard on a legit game.

He just regurgitates common sense non sense and the wrong rules.

I am going to assume this happened because that bad group of coaches was a disaster for the play in games and they couldn't get a better group to sit in.
The Alabama-Oklahoma game was so bad I watched the coaches broadcast.
It was all Herm. He dominated the broadcast he was taunting Steve Addaizo and the only coach who got anything else in edge wise was Gary Patterson. Harsin the Boise coach was a mute and contributed nothing, Herm was so dominant it was memorizing.

The Alabama-Oklahoma game was so bad I watched the coaches broadcast.
It was all Herm. He dominated the broadcast he was taunting Steve Addaizo and the only coach who got anything else in edge wise was Gary Patterson. Harsin the Boise coach was a mute and contributed nothing, Herm was so dominant it was memorizing.

I didn't watch but can't say I'm surprised. Herm loves to hear himself talk.

I don't mind the MNF crew as much as others, but I do agree it's just a strange grouping.

Also, the guy's name is Booger. BOOGER.

here is my hot take...

MNF ratings jumped this year, but lets be honest it has absolutely and unequivocally nothing to do with the announcers.

this gives them a true barometer to see exactly how hated/loved/N.A. this crew is in that viewers will have to choose to switch to it just like they did for the coaches room.

that being said - probably not an accurate reading because i may flip to it to listen to the nonsense the Booger spills out.

But honestly, nothing about this makes any sense to me other that this random hot take of mine. there just is no reason to put this crew into a college game. is it advertising for MNF? because i dont believe they work again until Sept 2019. No one will remember if they did a great job on this. (edit - i see a playoff game is scheduled for ESPN on Jan 5th so that must be this crew)

And Tess is fine IMO. i obviously think SM is better but that may be a biased take. Either way, i dont mind Tess on the call.

I really struggle to listen to Booger and Witten though. Neither of them deserve that platform.

McShay isnt on MNF is he?