ESPN Reveals 2019 College Lacrosse Schedule | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Reveals 2019 College Lacrosse Schedule

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
ESPN Reveals 2019 College Lacrosse Schedule - ESPN MediaZone U.S.

ESPN will again offer more than 420 regular season college lacrosse games across ESPNU, ESPNEWS, ESPN3, ACC Network Extra and ESPN+ this season. ESPNU and ESPNEWS will televise 29 matchups, with more than 390 available on ESPN3, ACC Network Extra and ESPN+ via the ESPN App.

Highlights

• All television matchups feature ranked opponents across men’s and women’s schedules
  • Sixteen of the top 20 men’s teams on Inside Lacrosse’s preseason poll will appear on ESPN networks
  • Five women’s matchups on ESPNU: No. 2 Maryland at No. 10 Penn State (Thu, Mar 21), No. 7 Northwestern at Johns Hopkins (Sat, Apr. 6), No. 8 Princeton at No. 12 Penn (Wed, Apr. 17), Michigan at No. 7 Northwestern (Thu, Apr 18) and No. 10 Penn State at Johns Hopkins (Fri, Apr. 19)
  • reLAXin’ with P. Carc – Paul Carcaterra takes his series from the road to the barber chair as he tours college campuses, and talks lacrosse with the sport’s top players, all while working his acquired trimming skills. His first stop – Piscataway, N.J., with Rutgers’ Carey Rose
  • Lacrosse 2019: Season Breakdown on ESPNU – Anish Shroff, Quint Kessenich and Carcaterra go through the top storylines and players for the season; will air February 22 at 6:30 p.m.
  • Lacrosse expands West – the 30-minute show will follow the Utah men’s lacrosse program as they enter their first season; debuts in March
Commentators
Anish Shroff returns for his second season as the lead play-by-play commentator. Jay Alter, John Brickley, Mike Corey and Chris Cotter will also handle play-by-play duties throughout the season.

Analysis will be provided by:

• Quint Kessenich –Two-time winner of the Ensign C. Markland Kelly, Jr. Award as the nation’s best goalie when he played for Johns Hopkins; played professionally with the Baltimore Thunder
  • Paul Carcaterra – All-American and national champion with the Syracuse Orangemen; played professionally with Major League Lacrosse’s New Jersey Pride and participated in the World Lacrosse Games
  • Sheehan Stanwick-Burch – returns as analyst for women’s lacrosse; four-time All-American at Georgetown, team captain in 2001; named National Attacker of the Year (2001) and was a finalist for the Tewaaraton Award in the same year
  • Ryan Boyle – Four-time All-American at Princeton, winning the national championship with the Tigers in 2001; played professionally in both the NLL and MLL, and retired in 2014 with the Boston Cannons.
  • Ryan Flanagan – three-time All-American at the University of North Carolina, named the Nation’s top defensemen in 2010 and to the USILA Scholar All-America team in 2011; Four-time Major League Lacrosse All-Star. Current member of the Premier Lacrosse League.
  • Myles Jones – Former Duke All-American, two-time midfielder of the year and two-time national champion; current member of the Premier Lacrosse League
  • Matt Ward – Won the Tewaaraton Award for most outstanding player in 2006 after winning a national championship with Virginia; a year later, won Rookie of the Year in the MLL playing for the Washington Bayhawks.
  • Jon “Stugotz” Weiner – the co-host on The Dan LaBatard Show with Stugotz will make a number of in-game appearances during the season; named to Pilgrim League All-Star team during his playing days at Clark University (1992-1995)
  • Don Zimmerman – Legendary head coach spent 23 years with the UMBC men’s lacrosse team, made four consecutive appearances in NCAA lacrosse championship; America East Coach the Year (2006, 2008, 2009); also led Johns Hopkins to three national championships
All Eyes on the Trophy
ESPN will be providing complete coverage of the NCAA Division I Men’s Lacrosse Championship, beginning with the 2019 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Selection Special on Sunday, May 5 (9 p.m., ESPNU). Each round will air on an ESPN network, and culminate with championship weekend from Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia on May 25-27.

ESPN will also provide coverage of the NCAA Division I Women’s Lacrosse Championship, with championship weekend taking place in Baltimore, Md., from May 24-26.

Games aired on an ESPN network will also be available through the ESPN App, accessible on computers, smartphones, tablets and connected devices to fans who receive their video subscription from an affiliated provider.

Dyp5dL-WwAAIALS.jpg:large

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet there will be at least one "MLAX Game of the Week" once the ACC Network gets going.

Syracuse's matchups with Virginia, Duke, Notre Dame and Cornell will appear on the U, while the remaining five home games, plus the team's road contest with North Carolina set for ACC Network Extra. Syracuse will also appear on CBS Sports Network for the regular-season finale against Navy. The Orange's mid-week matchup with Hobart will stream on the Statesmen's athletics website.

The only commentators/analysts I like are Ryan Boyle and whoever that guy is that has a hilariously good commentary voice and always says "HESCOOOOOORES!" in a goofy way. I think he does mostly big 10 games unfortunately. Anish Shroff and Carcatera are both painful to listen to IMO. Anish often goes full Joe Buck and doesn't show enthusiasm about clearly amazing plays, most likely due to him having never actually played the game himself. Quint is like Dick Vitale in that I kind of like him when he is saying good things about Cuse but overall find him quite annoying and full of himself as well. I miss Eamon McAnaney. He was perfect. He knew the game well, had an excellent voice, was able to add excitement to key moments, and had catchphrases that weren't totally cringeworthy. He is still sorely missed.

The only commentators/analysts I like are Ryan Boyle and whoever that guy is that has a hilariously good commentary voice and always says "HESCOOOOOORES!" in a goofy way. I think he does mostly big 10 games unfortunately.
Joe Beninati? Not a fan if so. He also had/has this thing about mentioning the age of the player; maybe that works in professional sports like hockey, but if a college player is 20 or 22 years old makes no difference to me.

I'm a fan of Carc, but also miss Eamon McAnaney. Not sure why he wasn't retained unless it has to do with the fact he does some work in NYC for MSG. I wouldn't mind seeing Dave Ryan back; I believe he calls some lax on CBS Sports Network.

Joe Beninati? Not a fan if so. He also had/has this thing about mentioning the age of the player; maybe that works in professional sports like hockey, but if a college player is 20 or 22 years old makes no difference to me.

I'm a fan of Carc, but also miss Eamon McAnaney. Not sure why he wasn't retained unless it has to do with the fact he does some work in NYC for MSG. I wouldn't mind seeing Dave Ryan back; I believe he calls some lax on CBS Sports Network.

Can’t find the story, but Eamon left because he grew up in New York and Sportsnet was the thing for him growing up. It was a dream job for him. Also, it was a less travel/family thing.

Syracuse's matchups with Virginia, Duke, Notre Dame and Cornell will appear on the U, while the remaining five home games, plus the team's road contest with North Carolina set for ACC Network Extra. Syracuse will also appear on CBS Sports Network for the regular-season finale against Navy. The Orange's mid-week matchup with Hobart will stream on the Statesmen's athletics website.

The Hobart thing sounds like a freeking disaster.

I don't think Eamon had the choice to be retained now that he's with SNY full time I don't think they want him doing free lance work for ESPN 4 months out of the year.

The Hobart thing sounds like a freeking disaster.

It's not, they did it last year and overall the quality was quite good. Better than most other streams. I think it gets carried by one of the local TV networks and it looks pretty normal. All in all I think this is as good as you can expect from a TV/streaming standpoint.

It's not, they did it last year and overall the quality was quite good. Better than most other streams. I think it gets carried by one of the local TV networks and it looks pretty normal. All in all I think this is as good as you can expect from a TV/streaming standpoint.
Did they charge?

I do remember watching it a few times and it seemed good but I worry when its SU and the demand is going to be much more then normal.

Stugotz is doing some in-game work? That’s awesome.

“I mean... HOW ABOUT THAT!”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom