ESPN said in the recap this was SU's first true road game | Syracusefan.com

ESPN said in the recap this was SU's first true road game

PhatOrange

Living Legend
correct me if I'm wrong but MSG is a neutral court just like the 3 games in Hawaii right?

Yeah this was officially a road game. Did anyone see what the line was though? Pomeroy had it around SU -3, but I think that was giving SJU full credit for a home game; curious how Vegas treated it.

MSG is considered a St. John's home court except if they are playing there in the BET or NIT Tipoff or a similar tournament.

Yeah this was officially a road game. Did anyone see what the line was though? Pomeroy had it around SU -3, but I think that was giving SJU full credit for a home game; curious how Vegas treated it.

Saw it at -3.5 on Saturday (must have been opening line) which was in line with KP for a road game, but it closed at -5.5 or -6.

I assumed Vegas split the difference & gave them ~2pts for homecourt instead of 4.

Frozen is correct. If it's a road game for RPI purposes and for ESPN purposes, that works for me.

New New York.jpg
According to this map, it was a home game:

It was the first 'true' road game. Meaning the first game the Orange have played on the opponent's home court. Doesn't take anything away from the games inMaui but it is what it is.

Our boys have played 10 games, but only 6 home games if you want to look at it that way.

That map should have the entire east coast in orange.

I was thinking at least Philly and DC but Cooney is from Delaware so give us that as well.

EDIT ~ Forgot Scranton as well. I'm in SE PA as well so just give us Eastern PA.

Last edited:
I was thinking at least Philly and DC but Cooney is from Delaware so give us that as well.

EDIT ~ Forgot Scranton as well. I'm in SE PA as well so just give us Eastern PA.

Didn't we play a "home game" against Florida in Tampa?

I'm shocked they consider any game in MSG for us a road game. Cuse dominates in MSG, no matter which team is "hosting".

Didn't we play a "home game" against Florida in Tampa?

Wasn't it just a neutral site? Since it wasn't in Florida's gym. Same thing if we play someone at MSG; it's a neutral site even though we will almost certainly have more fan support.

I think I've seen it mentioned in the past on ESPN when Duke plays their first true road game of the year, cause it's often not until January or so. MSU I'm sure less so, cause they usually play a road game or 2 in November or December.

Has anyone knocked the SU OOC schedule this year? I know Lunardi was very complimentary of it today

When we play Nova at Wells Fargo and St. John's at MSG (except when we played them there in the BET) it is a "true" road game even though neither plays all of their games at those arenas.

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom