ESPN says we're gonna lose | Syracusefan.com

ESPN says we're gonna lose

SWC75

Bored Historian
SU will play Minnesota in the Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl, (Yankee Stadium), Thursday, 12/29/22 at 2PM EST on ESPN.

ESPN thinks Minnesota will win: Georgia or Ohio State? Michigan or TCU? We predict the scores for all 43 bowl matchups

"Minnesota has the edge on defense, though" - good bulletin board material for Coach White

This year’s winner for the most ridiculous bowl name: Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl Presented by Stifel.

I look forward to an exciting game. P.J. Fleck does an outstanding job. Gophers' freshman QB Kaliakmanis who stepped in later in the season for Tanner Morgan has played well and opened up the Gophers' offense a bit. Their RB Ibrahim is one of the best in the country.

SU will play Minnesota in the Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl, (Yankee Stadium), Thursday, 12/29/22 at 2PM EST on ESPN.

ESPN thinks Minnesota will win: Georgia or Ohio State? Michigan or TCU? We predict the scores for all 43 bowl matchups

"Minnesota has the edge on defense, though" - good bulletin board material for Coach White

This year’s winner for the most ridiculous bowl name: Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl Presented by Stifel.

We have no idea who is going to play. This is all fodder to fill time and online inches.

I look forward to an exciting game. P.J. Fleck does an outstanding job. Gophers' freshman QB Kaliakmanis who stepped in later in the season for Tanner Morgan has played well and opened up the Gophers' offense a bit. Their RB Ibrahim is one of the best in the country.
just like with tucker, near zero chance Ibrahim plays, just love love what college sports have turned into...

just like with tucker, near zero chance Ibrahim plays, just love love what college sports have turned into...

You'd think that would finally be the kill shot on the bowls but they seem to be football's answer to the tardigrade.

1670265597491.png

Hmmmm B10 OL, stud RB, roadmapped plan on how to beat Cuse by running up the middle until we collapse. Yeah ESPN is stupid...,,er something. This has Pitt/ND/Clem repeat all over it.

"Gophers finished the season strong, winning four of their last five games"

Two were against teams whose coaches were fired during the season.

One was against a team that didn't win a game on US soil this season (Northwestern).

One was against Rutgers.

Combined record of 15-33.

Hard hitting.

"Gophers finished the season strong, winning four of their last five games"

Two were against teams whose coaches were fired during the season.

One was against a team that didn't win a game on US soil this season (Northwestern).

One was against Rutgers.

Combined record of 15-33.

Hard hitting.
According to Nick Saban that should have earned them a CFP slot

Hmmmm B10 OL, stud RB, roadmapped plan on how to beat Cuse by running up the middle until we collapse. Yeah ESPN is stupid...,,er something. This has Pitt/ND/Clem repeat all over it.
The more I look at Minnesota, the more I see this this game just like playing Pitt. Smash mouth, grind it out game, on the ground with a few passes over the middle and to the flat. UM will use their 2nd string RB similar to how we used Tucker this year in the passing game. On Defense, UM seems to like cover two from what I saw. Gadsden will likely have a big game in the Bronx.

The more I look at Minnesota, the more I see this this game just like playing Pitt. Smash mouth, grind it out game, on the ground with a few passes over the middle and to the flat. UM will use their 2nd string RB similar to how we used Tucker this year in the passing game. On Defense, UM seems to like cover two from what I saw. Gadsden will likely have a big game in the Bronx.
Difference is our QB will be at full speed for the first time in more than a month. Our offense is a different animal with a mobile Shrader.

If this is the case then we have to out score them. That’s the only way to win a game where we can’t stop the run.. air raid time.

We can stop the run by moving the sticks and keeping their offense on the sideline.
Definitely, but what I mean is we have to be able to have a passing game and not be to predictable. If our offense plays like it did in the 4Q against BC, we’ll be in very good shape.

Gopher fan, and I would be shocked if Mohamed Ibrahim did not play in the bowl game.

Mo's 4,597 rushing yards is 58 from breaking Darrell Thompson's career rushing yards mark.
Mo's 1,594 rushing yards this year is 36 yards from breaking David Cobb's single season rushing mark.

He'll need about 60 yards to break both the single season and career rushing records at the U. I'm certain he'll play at least until he breaks those records. But he's a competitor, so he may end up playing the entire game. Selfishly hoping to see the same from Tucker, been a big fan of him since last year.

Gopher fan, and I would be shocked if Mohamed Ibrahim did not play in the bowl game.

Mo's 4,597 rushing yards is 58 from breaking Darrell Thompson's career rushing yards mark.
Mo's 1,594 rushing yards this year is 36 yards from breaking David Cobb's single season rushing mark.

He'll need about 60 yards to break both the single season and career rushing records at the U. I'm certain he'll play at least until he breaks those records. But he's a competitor, so he may end up playing the entire game. Selfishly hoping to see the same from Tucker, been a big fan of him since last year.
Thanks for the info, I must say though you did not make my day!

Seriously, he’s a tough Back and I bet in cold weather, It’ll help his running style. Still holding out hope that Tucker plays, and with your guy totally get it being that close to records to try and make it happen.

Hopefully your guy will have better luck than our guy did when our coach kept him in trying to break some similar records, which is where he got hurt and banged up (again) this year, and was limited in his effectiveness the rest of the year.

He should be healed up by now, so if he does play, it’ll be a nice competition and very fan friendly and fun watching those two compete against one another, or so we can hope.

Thanks for chiming in and here’s to a good fun game and experience for all players and fans alike.

Last edited:

Everyone thinks their guy is *-*-*different*-*-*

Has anyone ever looked into how often the espn predictor is correct?

Everyone already knows the way to beat SU is to get the ball to the high post.