ESPN3 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN3

Orangello

Hall of Fame
Curious about others watching experience on ESPN 3 last night. The feed kept cutting out in the first half which was driving me nuts. I kept having to close and reopen the game window. Second half it worked without a hitch although I had Matt and Chris's radio feed on the audio.

Exact opposite here. Feed was solid in the first half, then cutting out in the second half. At least you got to see the good part of the game!

Mine would freeze at every media timout. And it went out at halftime, just in time to miss the Floyd Little interview.

I had problems all game long, but halfway through the 4q it started coming in perfectly. I heard people with Xbox 360 didn't have any problems.

ESPN3 was crap the first half. Constantly not coming back on after the commercials. All I would see was a picture of Nassib with a note thanking me for watching. I don't know what was more frustrating the first half, the game or the lousy feed. All I kept thinking was that ESPN couldn't blame it on a snow storm like usual.

I had exact same experience - throughout the first half I had to keep reloading. But 2nd half it worked well, and picture quality was better than I expected.

I had problems all game long, but halfway through the 4q it started coming in perfectly. I heard people with Xbox 360 didn't have any problems.

no problem on the xbox, it was perfect and in HD the entire time.

Yeah, same for me. It would freeze at every TV timeout. I finally got wise and opened a second window so when they were about to come back from commercial, I would click on our game in the new window. Glad we are strictly TV-only from here on out.

I had the same experience. In the first half, after every media timeout it would cut to a picture of Nassib with a box that said "Thank you for watching" but I could still hear the broadcast. I had to close and re-open to get the video back. But in the second half, everything worked fine.

It always has gone blank for timeouts and halftime. I believe that is the way it is setup.Never really had a problem with anything on there.

Curious about others watching experience on ESPN 3 last night. The feed kept cutting out in the first half which was driving me nuts. I kept having to close and reopen the game window. Second half it worked without a hitch although I had Matt and Chris's radio feed on the audio.
I had the exact same experience, and as you know, it was maddening. As the game went on in the 2nd half the freezing became less frequent (I theorized it might have something to do with the number of fans logged on), and of course, it froze right before Krautman's potential game-winning FG attempt near the end of the game. Fortunately, I managed to reload and see the replay.

Mine was solid all night long, except at half time it cut out.

I had the same first half experience and half-time problem. The only reason I like ESPN 3 is the option to replay the game, and while replaying the game I can skip commercial breaks and time outs.

Mine would freeze at every media timout. And it went out at halftime, just in time to miss the Floyd Little interview.

Same here. Had to close it then start it up again. Fortunately it opened back up again quickly. So annoying. I have UVerse. When it didn't freeze it was great.

I was going to play it through the XBOX, but decided on the computer/hdmi hook up. I guess next time it's XBOX for me.

(I theorized it might have something to do with the number of fans logged on).

I too had the same experiences and the picture of Nassib thanking me for watching (as the audio still worked) -- then 2nd half was perfect.

Funny your thought -- even the fans watching on espn3 headed for the exits

I was going to play it through the XBOX, but decided on the computer/hdmi hook up. I guess next time it's XBOX for me.

Once you've tried it, you will never want to watch via the computer/hdmi again (which is how I've watched in the past too). I swear by the Xbox now.

It got better as SU played better-Coincidence? As I mentioned last night, the announcers were the worst I have ever heard. I can't believe how many mistakes they made.

Very spotty. Halftime it seemed like I had lost the feed entirely, switched browsers from Chrome to Firefox and it worked pretty well the rest of the night.

Funny, I did this...and then I looked down and was like "why not use the Xbox. Glad I did. ESPN3 definitely upgraded their software on the unit. It was excellent (although about 5 seconds behind the real time updates)...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom