ESPN's Bottom 10: Dear Big Ten, be thankful for FSU | Syracusefan.com

ESPN's Bottom 10: Dear Big Ten, be thankful for FSU

That is a good line.

i
5. Flori-duh State (1-2)
Hey Big Ten West, at least you aren't Willie Taggart, who is less popular in Tallahassee than a Steve Spurrier impersonator wearing a turnover chain from The U.

Syracuse finally got to tag somebody and say "not it". And how much sweeter it is that it's FSU.

The five spot on the list is always used for a team that had a bad performance that week.

yes, a high profile team gets the five spot after a bad game.

Yeah, I know ESPN needs their clickbait, but FSU isn't one of the 10 worst teams in CFB. They're just not.

Given their history as a football blue-blood (and how historically bad they currently are), I think they're more than deserving of a spot on this list.

During the Gerg Error, we were regularly part of the Bottom 10. In fact, we had a stranglehold on it. It made me cringe when it came out each week.

Last edited:
Yup...#5 is reserved for a P5 team in a slump or who had an epic choke-job on Saturday.

Ruttie in #9 is truly earned. Hopefully we can put Yukon in the Top 10 next week.

Nice to see our old friends, the Central Michigan Chippy Wahs, on the list.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know ESPN needs their clickbait, but FSU isn't one of the 10 worst teams in CFB. They're just not.

I don't know if they are that bad with Taggart in the wheel house, but they did perform really poorly against us. And to be completely fair, we have not been CFB juggernauts the past decade or so. Not saying that we're not getting there, because I do believe we are on a good trajectory, but FSU didn't look great - at all. They showed nothing against us in this game. I was a bit taken back by the lack of performance by FSU, given all the talent that they have.

Are we really that improved? Or has FSU become dysfunctional this year with Taggart installing and building his system?