ESPN's Dana Oneil - sensationalism much? | Syracusefan.com

ESPN's Dana Oneil - sensationalism much?

swish7

All Conference
Dana Oneil takes sensationalism to a new level.

None of these articles temper their analysis with the potential for it not being true. Doesn't credibility matter anymore? With the Fine case there seems to be enough evidence that one would think the possibility the accuser is lying would be part of every article on it.

Accusers have all the power. According to Dana, we should shake up all of college athletics because someone was "accused". Not because they were guilty. Because they were accused. It's crazy.

This article made me sick. I cannot believe she wrote this piece of hot garbage. We need to get some investigative reporters and start investigating these clowns. Maybe i can just say I went up to the Melo Center and Marc Schwarz touched me inappropriately, who wants to corroborate me? We'll take it to whatever news outlet will have us.

This article made me sick. I cannot believe she wrote this piece of hot garbage. We need to get some investigative reporters and start investigating these clowns. Maybe i can just say I went up to the Melo Center and Marc Schwarz touched me inappropriately, who wants to corroborate me? We'll take it to whatever news outlet will have us.
I have it on good authority that Mark Schwarz molests collies.

I have it on good authority that Mark Schwarz molests collies.

He'd better watch out. The LA Times recently reported this can lead to penile cancer. Oh, this just came in. I have it on good authority that Schwarz's schwarz has a cancerous tumor. Where's my editor?!?

Yeah I used to like her, but she went over the top in her subjectivity and sensationalist journalism here. She was seriously angry at SU/Pitt for leaving to the ACC, so much so that I can't see her being impartial.

Yeah I used to like her, but she went over the top in her subjectivity and sensationalist journalism here. She was seriously angry at SU/Pitt for leaving to the ACC, so much so that I can't see her being impartial.

She was tougher on SU leaving the Big East than she was on Penn St/Sandusky. She's a joke. Hates SU and is completely biased against them.

She was tougher on SU leaving the Big East than she was on Penn St/Sandusky. She's a joke. Hates SU and is completely biased against them.

She was probably rejected by Newhouse ... now we know why based on her writing ...

She is a Penn State grad. Misery loves company and I'm sure it makes her feel better about PSU if there are others out there engaged in similar unconscionable acts......why let truth factor into the equation.

She is a Penn State grad. Misery loves company and I'm sure it makes her feel better about PSU if there are others out there engaged in similar unconscionable acts......why let truth factor into the equation.
Wow. Someone's trying to divert attention from PSU. Scum.

That article has no basis unless you assume Bernie is guilty, which she must be doing. If he is innocent, then the article has no basis unless she is saying if it happened at PSU it must be happening everyplace.

She is essentially using the allegation against Bernie Fine to divert attention away from her alma mater's own issues. Real classy move by Dana O'Neill. We aren't...Penn State.

Actually, I believe she went to Villanova. In my opinion, a major reason why she is so bitter about SU/Pitt leaving for the ACC. In any event, she's a "see you next tuesday."

Dana Oneil takes sensationalism to a new level.

None of these articles temper their analysis with the potential for it not being true. Doesn't credibility matter anymore? With the Fine case there seems to be enough evidence that one would think the possibility the accuser is lying would be part of every article on it.

Accusers have all the power. According to Dana, we should shake up all of college athletics because someone was "accused". Not because they were guilty. Because they were accused. It's crazy.
I dont know if I have a problem with her article...the two things I gleaned are (a) how important it is for us to protect kids (fine with me), and (b) these things should show us how athletic depts and universities should run. With respect to (b) our AD and University has been exemplary in their response in 2005 and now.

Actually, I believe she went to Villanova. In my opinion, a major reason why she is so bitter about SU/Pitt leaving for the ACC. In any event, she's a "see you next tuesday."
She went to Penn State its on ESPN.com Bio she is just a cheerleader for Nova because she covered them for a Philly newspaper before joining ESPN.com. I sent her a scathing email I may post later if she dare responds.

I don't think she has any bone to pick with SU - I just think it's shitty journalism.

Like AZ, I really didn't have a problem with that article.
We're not the only ones who realize this story is getting twisted by ESPN, but so far, its having minimal effect.
The key, knock-on-wood, is whether any more accuser's surface- anything else is just rhetoric. :blah:

...do you believe all the facts are known at this time...sometimes just letting it go is better than fanning the flames....we all have hopes that this comes out okay and expect it to...that does not make it happen

Wow that is one of the worst articles I've ever read. Not only has she presumed the guilt of Bernie Fine, but she then randomly makes a leap to women are being raped by athletes all the time but it's always covered up. Seems like she did no research, just randomly spewed stuff and posted it. Horrific. Journalism is dying before our eyes, if it's not already dead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom