ESPNU's Coverage of ACC & BE Media Days a Treasure Trove of | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPNU's Coverage of ACC & BE Media Days a Treasure Trove of

Baltimore doesn't have a suitable arena. Our gym and Georgetown's gym are fine.

Reality is I think the rest of the original Big East games go away. JB isn't going to over schedule.

Normally I'd never expect JB to schedule OOC games against GTown, Nova and St John's on top of the tough ACC schedule. But given that SU recruits the Philly-Baltimore area so heavily and is getting so much talent there over the last 8 years, SU may see the need to schedule an annual game with GTown/Nova to keep that pipeline going.
You can still do that by scheduling true road games (gasp!) against teams like LaSalle, GW, etc. I would miss the G'town game, but I'm all for saying FU to the hoop schools if they don't make our exit happen. Nothing personal, just business.

If we are held in the Big East for 27 months, I wouldn't schedule any Big East teams for anything and would let them know that now. Hopefully the rest of the ACC will be on board, too. F them. Playing hardball from a disintegrating position of strength is stupid, and I use the term strength loosely. All the Big East has to leverage right now with SU, Pitt and the ACC is a contract that expires in 27 months.
Couldn't agree more.If they want to F with us-F them.They will need us way more than we will need them.

Try to talk FSU into moving their home game with us to Tampa or Orlando once in awhile...offer VT the same to move a game to DC.
come on Mark - why in the world would FSU or VT move conference games against SU away from their home gyms? that's beyond a pipe dream

VT - sure, we'll move our basketball game to DC for you - just do the same with your home football game*. We didn't really want home court advantage when we play a top ten team in basketball anyway. We're also going to be moving our game against UNC to Greensboro this year to help their fans out.

* (actually, Gross might go for this)

Approach Louisville, Marquette, Cincy, WVU for a very occasional made for TV game in Jan or Feb. Offer guarantee games to the rest of the dreck like Providence, Seton Hall, DePaul, etc...

Screw Marquette.

Yes, I'm still bitter.

Normally I'd never expect JB to schedule OOC games against GTown, Nova and St John's on top of the tough ACC schedule. But given that SU recruits the Philly-Baltimore area so heavily and is getting so much talent there over the last 8 years, SU may see the need to schedule an annual game with GTown/Nova to keep that pipeline going.
Another point to add on top of this.

The ACC schedule is not exactly murderer's row. We'll have probbaly 2 Pitt games, 1 UNC, and 1 Duke per year (complete guess).

Maybe 4 -6 games (max) against borderline NCAA teams (a mix of Maryland, FSU, VPI, UVA, NCST) in a given year. Maybe 1 or 2 of these teams moves to solid opponent territory in the next few years.

Then 8-10 games versus NIT or worse competition.
I think we can afford to add on 1 or 2 more marquee OOC teams. Honestly, if we want to continue to have a top flight SOS, we'll probably have to.

This is the Football board, not the Basketball board...

Maryland is also in the DC area, and there are other teams in Philly, namely Temple.

Schedule a game with Temple downtown - we recruit head-to-head with Villanova. Their impending decline is a positive for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom