Etan on the radio | Syracusefan.com

Etan on the radio

Cuse1055

SU Video Maven
Just heard Etan go on a mini-rant on the radio saying that Elijah needs to come back. Said Elijah needs to listen to the right people and come back and be a lottery pick next year. I fully expect Elijah to leave but just interesting to hear Etan’s take.

Just heard Etan go on a mini-rant on the radio saying that Elijah needs to come back. Said Elijah needs to listen to the right people and come back and be a lottery pick next year. I fully expect Elijah to leave but just interesting to hear Etan’s take.

Etan Thomas is very thoughtful and a good representative of the University.

Some of his takes, however, are wrong.

Of course he does he needs the attention of being a preseason Wooden contender.

Buddy Heild is the perfect comparison.

Dudes gotten better every year and anyone with a brain can see what next years finished product would be.

But everyone wants to be a contrarian and advocate for the G league and think he’ll luck out and be one of the 3-4 undrafteds to fall into a good spot and compare him to 2 guys who didn’t improve from their freshmen years and went unselected like it was a good thing. These folks are acting like going undrafted is a good thing and the same as being a first round pick re Eli it’s ridiculous. Same morons that thought Jalen Carey was a one and done.

Of course he does he needs the attention of being a preseason Wooden contender.

Buddy Heild is the perfect comparison.

Dudes gotten better every year and anyone with a brain can see what next years finished product would be.

But everyone wants to be a contrarian and advocate for the G league and think he’ll luck out and be one of the 3-4 undrafteds to fall into a good spot and compare him to 2 guys who didn’t improve from their freshmen years and went unselected like it was a good thing. These folks are acting like going undrafted is a good thing and the same as being a first round pick re Eli it’s ridiculous. Same morons that thought Jalen Carey was a one and done.

He should go through the process and see where it looks like he’s likely to fall and make his decision from there. Who says he’s going undrafted?

I love Etan, and for selfish reason's hope Eli takes his advise, but man we are reaching 'beating a dead horse' status on this topic. I think everyone expects him to leave, if not, we'll welcome him back.

Eli isn't going to be lottery pick coming back.
If he was 19 then maybe. He is 21-22 years old.
He should leave if he wants to get paid. If he doesn't care to wait a year to get paid then maybe comeback.

Players his age don't move into the lottery.

this is... scary... how similar

East CarolinaAAC25720.52.36.6.3491.43.1.4361.03.5.2732.23.2.6840.41.92.31.30.60.41.01.87.81.32
Transfer
SyracuseACC343432.74.610.9.4202.03.9.5112.66.9.3692.02.7.7420.73.64.31.51.20.81.92.113.710.09
SyracuseACC262636.96.014.3.4223.67.2.4952.57.1.3484.05.0.8000.44.54.93.61.21.02.31.618.57.2

College[edit]

YearTeamGPGSMPGFG%3P%FT%RPGAPGSPGBPGPPG
2012–13Oklahoma271325.1.388.238.8334.21.91.2.37.8
2013–14Oklahoma333332.1.445.386.7504.41.91.4.216.5
2014–15Oklahoma353532.4.412.359.8235.41.91.3.217.4
2015–16Oklahoma373735.4.501.457.8805.72.01.1.525.0
Career13211831.7.448.390.8365.01.91.3.317.4

Oof. Etan, come on man.

Lottery? Sure, there are very few and far between examples, but that isn’t it. Especially with the team we have coming back.

Help us finish strong. Help the young guys grow. Go be a second round pick. Come back as a fan favorite.

Speaking of Etan: I know he is outspoken on issues related to player compensation potential exploitation etc. In light of that, what is his take on JB? Is he a JB guy? I don’t know that I’ve heard what his relationship is with coach.

What is Etan doing these days? He would be a great assistant to work with the big guys, especially on the defensive end. OK guys, here it is - "This is how you block shots without fouling."

And - THIS is how you FOUL THE OUTTA A DUDE, to show him what happens when he brings it inside against you.

No layups.

I agree with Etan

For sure if he has guaranteed money go for it but I just wonder how many of these kids are ending up on the wrong end of the program from a financial perspective

What is Etan doing these days? He would be a great assistant to work with the big guys, especially on the defensive end. OK guys, here it is - "This is how you block shots without fouling."
Not sure exactly I think he just does a lot of media appearances. When Kobe passed away he went on msnbc and was terrific.

If Etan thinks Elijah would benefit from coming back for another year, then he's obviously not as close to the game as many of our posters appear to be. What a novice! ;)

I don’t think Hughes will ever be a lottery pick, not happening. I think its a stretch for him to even be a late first rounder next year when he’s probably not coming back anyway. He’s a very good college player not good enough to play in the NBA imo. Just like Tyus even though i think he’s better than him.

He should go through the process and see where it looks like he’s likely to fall and make his decision from there. Who says he’s going undrafted?

Players should have the option of coming back to college until they sign a professional contract. And they should have the option of coming back if their pro career wasn't working out if they had eligibility left and were in good academic standing so they cane work on their game to start a comeback and get a degree for when their careers end.

It was just said this week that one NBA executive would love to get him in the second round. There’s no way he would go undrafted. He’s much better off the dribble than Buddy Held and he’s doing ok.

Eli isn't going to be lottery pick coming back.
If he was 19 then maybe. He is 21-22 years old.
He should leave if he wants to get paid. If he doesn't care to wait a year to get paid then maybe comeback.

Players his age don't move into the lottery.
There were 3 players last year that were 21 and one that was 23. You're right, the odds are against you once you can legally buy alcohol, but not impossible.

There were others that were 22 later in the first round. If he's not projected in the first this year, that could be realistic expecatation for him if he came back.

All that said, I doubt he comes back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom