Etan on the radio | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Etan on the radio

Players should have the option of coming back to college until they sign a professional contract. And they should have the option of coming back if their pro career wasn't working out if they had eligibility left and were in good academic standing so they cane work on their game to start a comeback and get a degree for when their careers end.
So, under your scenario, which may be unintentionally contradictory, if someone was a G leaguer for 2 years, he could come back to college and play.

So, under your scenario, which may be unintentionally contradictory, if someone was a G leaguer for 2 years, he could come back to college and play.

Why not? The colleges have historically been the minor leagues for football and basketball and still are to a great extent. Players in baseball and hockey that don't make it in their first attempt a the majors get sent back down to work on their game so they can try it again. they could do that in the G leagues or do that in college and earn their degree. Business people often got back to college to increase their knowledge and skills and thus their marketability. Why not athletes?

Why not? The colleges have historically been the minor leagues for football and basketball and still are to a great extent. Players in baseball and hockey that don't make it in their first attempt a the majors get sent back down to work on their game so they can try it again. they could do that in the G leagues or do that in college and earn their degree. Business people often got back to college to increase their knowledge and skills and thus their marketability. Why not athletes?

Couldn't disagree more on this. It's great if they want to come back and finish their degree but I'd rather they not take spots away from the next group of players who haven't already had a chance to play for Syracuse and decided they were ready to move on.

Couldn't disagree more on this. It's great if they want to come back and finish their degree but I'd rather they not take spots away from the next group of players who haven't already had a chance to play for Syracuse and decided they were ready to move on.

Players get recruited over all the time. What about the grad transfers we want to bring in? This wouldn't be any different.

Players get recruited over all the time. What about the grad transfers we want to bring in? This wouldn't be any different.

Grad transfers haven't made the initial decision to leave for the pros. They want to play in college. That's part of the fun of college to me - seeing new young players, not old recycled players that have been gone for years. We'll never agree on this. I think your whole idea is absurd.

Grad transfers haven't made the initial decision to leave for the pros. They want to play in college. That's part of the fun of college to me - seeing new young players, not old recycled players that have been gone for years. We'll never agree on this. I think your whole idea is absurd.

It's "outside the box" but that doesn't make it absurd.

It would be a way fo getting back some of the talent that leaves too early.

It's "outside the box" but that doesn't make it absurd.

It would be a way fo getting back some of the talent that leaves too early.

yes absurd was a bit strong, although I feel strongly about this. I would just start losing interest if college basketball became pro basketball, and that's what it would be to me if you started letting guys with pro experience play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom