et's be honest, our program hosed ZA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

et's be honest, our program hosed ZA

Selfish representing Syracuse lied to that kid and screwed him over.

I hold no ill will toward him should he decide to sign elsewhere.

marrone f'ed us in basically every way possible. he was 20-25 against FBS for crissakes.

You wouldn't buy a car in this same situation, so we can't expect ZA to commit to 4 years of college given the circumstances.
That coming from a former car salesman folks.

This was almost too good to be true from the very start.

It's funny we were 6 points from being 4-8, no bowl and folks calling for Marrone's head.

Trivia question: What did Doug Marrone and Frank Maloney have in common besides having last names starting with M, seven letters in them and 5 of those common?

Think about it. He commits after a Skype interview and becomes our biggest fan. He makes preparations to graduate early, enroll early and ve on campus for spring ball and to compete to be the starting quarterback. He connects with Hack, goes on the recruiting trail for us, and then watches us roll at the end of the season and win a bowl.

Then it all falls apart. Rumors are that his future head coach is getting NFL interest. He's told that's not true. His coach then gets hired. Next he's told Hackett isn't going anywhere by a school legend. Then Hackett goes somewhere. All while the clock's ticking on when he's going to hit campus, with no idea what exactly he's walking into.

What reason did we give him to believe things were on the up and up?

I can see why fans are upset, but we done the kid wrong folks.
Show me a quote where someone at SU is claimed to have said Marrone is not getting NFL interest.

I think timing hosed SU more than anything. If Allen was going to sign in Feb he would have known who the OC and would be not in such a rush. It was a tough situation.

That coming from a former car salesman folks.

This was almost too good to be true from the very start.

It's funny we were 6 points from being 4-8, no bowl and folks calling for Marrone's head.

Trivia question: What did Doug Marrone and Frank Maloney have in common besides having last names starting with M, seven letters in them and 5 of those common?

I dunno, but since Maloney's name came up. I'll take this opportunity to tell this story. Back in Coach Mac's first couple years that were not great, BTW, there was this guy up behind me in my section that would yell " Bring back the Wino"
Refering to Maloney's DWI.

Show me a quote where someone at SU is claimed to have said Marrone is not getting NFL interest.
Meant to write that he wasn't talking to NFL teams, wrote it wrong, realized it but didn't fix it, but by all means let that confuse the entire point of the post for you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

SU did not screw ZA and he did screw SU. Schools change coaches all the time, it's a risk recruits take. He decided not to take a chance on an unknown. And I think people on this board ought to be awfully careful about accusing people of lying. We don't the facts our the timing.
this is way offbase. if we don't want kids who will look around, don't recruit kids with options. he doesn't owe us anything. he had options and he used them. we need to get better and better so that we're more compelling to kids with options. simple.

Meant to write that he wasn't talking to NFL teams, wrote it wrong, realized it but didn't fix it, but by all means let that confuse the entire point of the post for you.

I know your point...and you tried to use certain statements to back it up. They were not entirely accurate and that weakens your case.

I know your point...and you tried to use certain statements to back it up. They were not entirely accurate and that weakens your case.
You guys are the best.

Don't care what u think.

He's dead to me. Actually no, he was never alive for me, so I don't give a flying fluck about him.

But if asked, fluck him. If u don't want Syracuse, I don't want nothing to do with you.

Pretty simple.

this is way offbase. if we don't want kids who will look around, don't recruit kids with options. he doesn't owe us anything. he had options and he used them. we need to get better and better so that we're more compelling to kids with options. simple.

I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say here. My post was in response to the claim that "SU hosed ZA" which of course we did not. It was unfortunate that we had a coaching change, but that happens all the time. Are you suggesting that we recruit kids that are not desired by other schools?

They both were undefeated in bowl games?
They both should have had better records based on their rosters talent?

What does it matter? Hackett's here, he's here. Hackett's not, so he's not.

The only thing that would make me need a new kidney from laughter is if one of the open NFL head coaching jobs (that seem like they'll never be filled) decides to interview Gary Patterson. And he accepts.

Other than that I have to stop caring. Have to move on and just want to know who our staff is so we can try to hold onto the rest of the class.

I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say here. My post was in response to the claim that "SU hosed ZA" which of course we did not. It was unfortunate that we had a coaching change, but that happens all the time. Are you suggesting that we recruit kids that are not desired by other schools?
Referencing your quote that he DID screw su. Maybe "not" was supposed to be in there?