etta tawo just passed rice moss and malik campbell in career yards at SU** | Syracusefan.com

etta tawo just passed rice moss and malik campbell in career yards at SU**

He may have gotten passed in yards but he’ll always hold the record for ‘weirdest Dome sign’ in his honor with “Malik is Unique”.

How come a player named Rice Moss didn't automatically become our best receiver ever?

I think that name actually carried him a lot further than his WR ability did.

I remember the board's excitement, we got Randy Moss' cousin!

That's like getting a date with Jenny McCarthy's cousin. I mean she's funny, but...

ff9113257f87ccd1ba194fcffe09cd92.jpg

If my name was Emmitt Payton, GROB would've offered me AND given me #44.

If my name was Emmitt Payton, GROB would've offered me AND given me #44.
You jest, but you might have helped the running back situation out in those days.

Some pretty noteworthy names. What about Lane and Fontonnette?

I have a massive void when trying to remember Rice Moss - was he slow AND had bad hands or just slow?

I have a massive void when trying to remember Rice Moss - was he slow AND had bad hands or just slow?
Mainly...just slow. I seem to recall a drop or two but nothing resembling the timing of Lane's drop.

Mainly...just slow. I seem to recall a drop or two but nothing resembling the timing of Lane's drop.

Yeah I remember Lane having hands problems.

I thought that was the knock on Moss was that he was slow compared to the lofty expectations of being something like Randy Moss.

I actually went back and watched a few videos from that era - Mike Williams is even better than I remember him - had he had a solid offense to play and and kept his head on straight he could have left this school as the all time leading receiver. He was that good. He left the school in the 5 spot (later passed by Lemon) and that was only playing 2.5 years on bad teams.

If Andrew Robinson had a functional offensive line he probably would have been pretty solid for us.

Last edited:
Wasn't Rice Randy's cousin. I remember him being painfully skinny.

Moss wasn't great shakes or anything, but he was also here at a time when we were atrocious on offense overall.

Put him on this team and this system, maybe we'd think differently of him.

Moss wasn't great shakes or anything, but he was also here at a time when we were atrocious on offense overall.

Put him on this team and this system, maybe we'd think differently of him.

I think if you put him on this team, he's Alvin Cornelius IV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom