Even Gottlieb agrees... | Syracusefan.com

Even Gottlieb agrees...

Admittedly JB possibly lost this game with reaction and Ts...the charge was borderline and really should have been a no call at that point in the game, unless obvious which it was not. I think JB just had enough of the calls that pushed him over the edge. Don't blame him for reacting the way he did but do blame him for putting the game pretty much out of reach...

Tony Greene is my new least favorite ref. He stared a cooney getting mugged earlier (the ref behind the play ended up calling it). He call the BS charge. He gave the 2 Techs to JB. He was genuinely awful.

Tony Greene is my new least favorite ref. He stared a cooney getting mugged earlier (the ref behind the play ended up calling it). He call the BS charge. He gave the 2 Techs to JB. He was genuinely awful.
We need tony Greene big heads if he ever makes it up to the dome.

Admittedly JB possibly lost this game with reaction and Ts...the charge was borderline and really should have been a no call at that point in the game, unless obvious which it was not. I think JB just had enough of the calls that pushed him over the edge. Don't blame him for reacting the way he did but do blame him for putting the game pretty much out of reach...

It was probably based upon more than just that final call.

It was all of the weak calls against our centers inside. It was the lopsided ways certain plays were enforced in Duke's favor. Rak getting hammered on that last dunk, but no call. And of course, when the refs wipe out the game tying basket in the final 30 seconds.

I think the reaction from JB was his total frustration with the officiating tonight erupting like a volcano; it wasn't just about that last call that went against us.

It was all of the weak calls against our centers inside. It was the lopsided ways certain plays were enforced in Duke's favor. And of course, when the refs wipe out the game tying basket in the final 30 seconds.

I think the reaction from JB was his total frustration with the officiating tonight erupting like a volcano; it wasn't just about that last call that went against us.

Exactly. I felt similarly as i threw my hat at the tv and now i need a new tv.

It was all of the weak calls against our centers inside. It was the lopsided ways certain plays were enforced in Duke's favor. And of course, when the refs wipe out the game tying basket in the final 30 seconds.

I kind of think he did it on purpose. I think he was aggravated obviously, but when in the last six years has Coach B. been T'ed up by the refs? Beyond that, has anyone ever seen him walk out to the middle of the court like that? He wanted the 'T'.

RF2044 said:

That is what I said...or least tried to say...

I kind of think he did it on purpose. I think he was aggravated obviously, but when in the last six years has Coach B. been T'ed up by the refs? Beyond that, has anyone ever seen him walk out to the middle of the court like that? He wanted the 'T'.

I don't disagree. I think he knew in the back of his mind he'd have to make a statement somewhere along the line this year, and this was as good a spot as any.

Did the refs go to the monitor to watch the replay, because they were certainly blocking jb from seeing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom