Everybody just relax, take it slow... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Everybody just relax, take it slow...

he’s right you know. You want to have a couple ticks left for the offensive rebound.
I’ve got no problems with the logic of leaving some time for it but it’s also team dependent imo. If you’re losing by 1, you obviously don’t hold for last shot. But when you have a team that picks up rebounding fouls all season, and now have a freshman big out there, and the game is tied, is that worth it?

Nobody is saying in the huddle okay... we need everyone to crash the boards when Hughes pulls up.

I’ve got no problems with the logic of leaving some time for it but it’s also team dependent imo. If you’re losing by 1, you obviously don’t hold for last shot. But when you have a team that picks up rebounding fouls all season, and now have a freshman big out there, and the game is tied, is that worth it?

Nobody is saying in the huddle okay... we need everyone to crash the boards when Hughes pulls up.

like JB said, the mistake was Hughes should have been driving to the basket instead of pulling up.

like JB said, the mistake was Hughes should have been driving to the basket instead of pulling up.
Exactly. Drawing defenders is one thing. Pulling up from deep is completely different, ie long rebound, possible runout.

Meh we’ve gotten worse looks than that out of timeouts in similar spots. Would have been a bad timeout too as Wake would use 5 guys to guard 3 and dare us to give it to Edwards or Brycen. Even if wake got the board I doubt they’d get better than a half court heave off he shot a little early but it’s not like 10 seconds were left. It was late enough that Edwards and Brycen weren’t rushing back which won us the game of course. Eli could have drove into traffic and been turned over and everyone was cold from 3 at that point.

Kind of Ennisesque? I don't mean to Bill Buckner the guy again, but that play still kind of haunts me.

Maybe if Hughes didn't disappear for 15 minutes in the second half, they wouldn't need him to play hero ball at the end?

hughes shot that WAYYYYYY too early!!!!! he let it go with 8 secs left! if wake gets the rebound cleanly and calls timeout they would have had 4 secs left to win the game. you absolutely cannot take that chance shooting so early.

id prefer shooting with ball in air as buzzer goes off, make it you win, miss overtime. i understand wanting to leave a little time for an offensive rebound, so im ok with shooting with with a couple seconds left and maybe get a tip in. but shooting with 8 seconds left is way too risky. lets say he starts his drive with 10 seconds left, drives and makes a layup with 5 seconds left. even if you score wake has plenty of time to hit a 3 and beat you. i want my only 2 options to be we win or overtime. shooting too early is way too risky.

A handful may have labeled me as a controversial poster, but I am not known for attacking other members. Without re-reading what the other poster had said, your post might be a bit better if you edited the last phrase to make it less of an insult(regardless of what others on here do), or left it out. I'm not taking a side here, just trying to make things a bit easier for you.

You should have re-read.....

hughes shot that WAYYYYYY too early!!!!! he let it go with 8 secs left! if wake gets the rebound cleanly and calls timeout they would have had 4 secs left to win the game. you absolutely cannot take that chance shooting so early.

id prefer shooting with ball in air as buzzer goes off, make it you win, miss overtime. i understand wanting to leave a little time for an offensive rebound, so im ok with shooting with with a couple seconds left and maybe get a tip in. but shooting with 8 seconds left is way too risky. lets say he starts his drive with 10 seconds left, drives and makes a layup with 5 seconds left. even if you score wake has plenty of time to hit a 3 and beat you. i want my only 2 options to be we win or overtime. shooting too early is way too risky.

So you want OT with your 3 bigs on the bench? I'd want to leave time for a put back or they end up with under 3 if they get the rebound. They would have to go full court or inbound and call TO to get it in the front court. You should be able to defend for 2+ seconds.

So you want OT with your 3 bigs on the bench? I'd want to leave time for a put back or they end up with under 3 if they get the rebound. They would have to go full court or inbound and call TO to get it in the front court. You should be able to defend for 2+ seconds.

id take ot over giving up a good look from wake to win the game, i dont care who we got on the court. again, if wake gets that rebound and calls timeout they got 4 seconds left, thats an eternity. 8 seconds is just way too early to shoot in a tie game hold for last shot situation, too many bad things can happen when you do that. it worked out for us last nite, but its not the right play. if you watch other games most players start their drive or shoot with 5 seconds left or even less.

think about it this way. if wake had the ball in that exact situation, wouldnt you be thrilled if they shot with 8 seconds left? if they miss and we get rebound we got plenty of time to win the game. even if they make we’ll still have 4 or 5 seconds left to at least tie game. im not gonna be thinking “oh no theyre gonna have time to get an offensive rebound”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom