Everybody's favorite Chad Ford has McCollough as a top 10 pick now. | Syracusefan.com

Everybody's favorite Chad Ford has McCollough as a top 10 pick now.

Alsacs

Living Legend
He gone.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft...k-Draft&ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_ford_mockdraft2
http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft...k-Draft&ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_ford_mockdraft2

Chris McCullough
Orlando Magic
COLLEGE: Syracuse
HT: 6-9
WT: 200
POS: PF

The Magic have played better than expected this season, and they've done it despite injuries to the likes of Victor Oladipo and No. 4 pick Aaron Gordon. When everyone is back and totally in rhythm, it's not out of the question that the Magic could end up landing in the playoffs in the watered down East.

The Magic have their center, Nikola Vucevic, locked up long term. Tobias Harris is scoring like a mad man again. They love the future potential of Gordon, Oladipo and Elfrid Payton. Evan Fournier and Kyle O'Quinn are giving them good minutes, too. McCullough is a very interesting prospect. He's got a 9-foot-3 wingspan, protects the rim, but can step out and nail a jumper. He's having a very impressive freshman season at Syracuse, and could be a nice long-term pick to play behind Channing Frye at the 4.

Do we really need these updates ?

We know he is one n done. He knows he's one n done, and so does Coach B and the staff. And we have all known this for sometime.

He's screams Derrick Favors to me. Which I think is a pretty good comparison.

We know he is one n done. He knows he's one n done, and so does Coach B and the staff. And we have all known this for sometime.

I enjoy these updates, makes less work for me having to go on other websites for SU related material.

Favors and McCullough? I don't see that one at all. McCullough is super skinny and has a face up game. Favors is much more of a post up/rim protector and is a much bigger guy.

Ford has Chris at 6-9 200 in his update; Kenpom had Favors at 6-10 246 as a college frosh.

jgeorge322 said:
i think what people dont realize is boeheim probably wasnt trying to persuade chris to stay but maybe attempting to ensure he keeps a level head and doesn't treat college like an nba tryout.

That's exactly what he was doing.

Yeah I'm not seeing Favors at all in him, I think Chris Bosh or Perry Jones might be a better comparison.

McCullough is taller than 6'9". FACT He weighs more than 200 as well.

Yeah I'm not seeing Favors at all in him, I think Chris Bosh or Perry Jones might be a better comparison.

I also don't see the Favors comparison. Had this discussion with a friend, and in terms of body type and similar "type" of player, I'd go with Garnett, Bosh, Anthony Davis. Guys who are known as good defenders, rebounders, and mid-range jump shooters. I can see some Anthony Randolph too.

NO I AM NOT COMPARING CHRIS TO THESE NBA ALL STARS AND FUTURE HOF'S. Glad to get that out of the way. These are who he reminds me of, in terms of length and style.

I also don't see the Favors comparison. Had this discussion with a friend, and in terms of body type and similar "type" of player, I'd go with Garnett, Bosh, Anthony Davis. Guys who are known as good defenders, rebounders, and mid-range jump shooters. I can see some Anthony Randolph too.

NO I AM NOT COMPARING CHRIS TO THESE NBA ALL STARS AND FUTURE HOF'S. Glad to get that out of the way. These are who he reminds me of, in terms of length and style.

My inclination would be to say that at least so far, he's more perimeter oriented than those guys. Maybe that is because we have Rak who we have been feeding in the post. For whatever its worth, I see the guys who you mentioned (from a body type I totally buy it, btw) as more 4/5, so far I think you'd nened to call McCullough a 3/4.

Perry Jones isn't a bad comp at all, just in terms of body type and style of play. I'm sure someone else will come to me as soon as I hit send.

His comp is a better rebounding Bostrich but less versatile offensively , and without being such a weirdo.

Chris-Bosh-Miami-Heat-GIFbomb.gif

i think what people dont realize is boeheim probably wasnt trying to persuade chris to stay but maybe attempting to ensure he keeps a level head and doesn't treat college like an nba tryout.
This is his NBA debut. Two different camps have measured him as 6'8.5" in sneakers with wing span over 7'.

Are you comparing Chris to future hall of famers?

Favors and McCullough? I don't see that one at all. McCullough is super skinny and has a face up game. Favors is much more of a post up/rim protector and is a much bigger guy.

Ford has Chris at 6-9 200 in his update; Kenpom had Favors at 6-10 246 as a college frosh.

chris is taller than 6'9"

I was just going off what Ford was using (I originally wrote 6'10", fwiw, that's where he is in my mind) but either way, his body type is nowhere near Favors.

Hey, I like the weirdo part. This is entertainment after all, and some players bring a more complete package than others. Fret not, the kid is young and has time to develop in that area as well.
Oh, I enjoy Bosh's weirdness too. I just think one of Bosh's intangibles is next-level weirdness.

McCullough would really have to apply himself to match that.

If you are going by what he looks like standing next to other basketball players, don't forget that they all have fudged heights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom