Ex-Wisconsin player Nigel Hayes says team discussed game boycott vs Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ex-Wisconsin player Nigel Hayes says team discussed game boycott vs Syracuse

I love it when someone suggests that someone else do something they didn't have the courage to do.

I'm curious what would have happened. I could see a coach saying, "Oh you don't want to play for free? You don't have to. There's the bench, and there's also an exit door over there too."

You will never get four teams to boycott the Final Four if that's what you are intimating. Plus you wouldn't even get one to boycott because it would cost the university too much money.

I don’t know that you’ll get a boycott, but you could get a situation where players on all four teams decide to hold a paid autograph session or paid appearance at a restaurant or bar. Something clearly against NCAA rules but that most people would support the players making a few dollars. It would force the NCAA’s hand.

I love it when someone suggests that someone else do something they didn't have the courage to do.

I'm curious what would have happened. I could see a coach saying, "Oh you don't want to play for free? You don't have to. There's the bench, and there's also an exit door over there too."
If 30 hours (the 20 organized, plus at least 10 "on your own") a week out of your week is free, come work for me.
Then there is class time.
It's not free.

Last edited:
If 30 hours (the 20 organized, plus at least 10 "on your own") a week out of your week is free, come work for me.
Then there is class time.
It's not free.

Are you day drinking? Because this post doesn't make any sense, even less when compared to the context of my post. LOL. Maybe it's a Haiku? Where's the head scratch emoticon?

not saying it's exactly the same but how much trouble is it these days to get high school kids to " walk out in protest " of school for any cause ?
hell we were happy to walk out for a fire drill. imagine the minimal push back when you ask kids in an assembly "who here wants to stay in class today ?"