Exactly one decade ago... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Exactly one decade ago...

I flew to Charlotte to meet my brother and then drove down to Atlanta. Had tickets to the first game and was planning on finding some Michigan fan outside to buy their tickets to the title game, if we won.

That charge call was brutal but so typical.

My best friend flew down to Charlotte (Weddington where I live) from Syracuse (Baldwinsville) after just doing our annual MSG Big East Tourney trip a couple of weeks earlier. We then took the relatively short trek down I-85 (3.45 hr.) to Atlanta, well Buckhead. We saw quite a few 'Cuse fans along the way. Stayed at the team hotel, ate at the Palm (inside the hotel) one night and then another great steakhouse in the Capital Grille another.

In any event, yeah that call was so bad and infuriating. Of course, how fate had it, we sat next to two Michigan dudes, and one of them was so annoying and obnoxious most of the game, especially around that time. :mad::mad::mad:

I miss the Big East days. The UConn and Georgetown games always meant more than our games against Duke and UNC now.

I wish we still played UConn annually.

People High Quality GIF

MCW was really bad in that FF game against Michigan. 1-6 with 2 points, 2 assists and 5 turnovers.

At one point I remember JB went to Triche exclusively as the pg and we made a comeback.

Did cause us to lose, as the OP stated. That was the "?"

Absolutely did. Study the effect of blue uniforms on our performance historically. Then multiply that curse by 5 for mismatched with blue shorts. That’s how you lose to BC at home as #1. Study after study has been done and every last one of them has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was statistically impossible for us to lose that game in home whites. We would have been ok even in throwbacks, but the data is always the same: the mismatch with blue shorts, it would have taken a miracle to overcome that.

I flew to Charlotte to meet my brother and then drove down to Atlanta. Had tickets to the first game and was planning on finding some Michigan fan outside to buy their tickets to the title game, if we won.

That charge call was brutal but so typical.
At halftime of that game I had airline tickets for me and the boy all lined up, figuring I’d get game tickets along the way. He went to bed thinking we were heading down to hit the aquarium (9 yr old) and see the NC game. Was very disappointed the next morning, as was I.

2009 and 2013 seasons had some similarities in that were really REALLY good but had a rough stretch against an absolutely brutal schedule stretch to keep our record down slightly. Both teams also made the BET finals.

‘13 team caught a WAY better matchup in the sweet 16, and was a way better defensive team(partly why it was such a favorable matchup).

This especially, so different than a lot of SU teams that have more talent but don't get particularly good matchups and don't have a defensive advantage against peer opponents.

And Southerland didn’t even play. Triche had one of the best games of his career that day.

MCW and Triche were bad matchups for Siva and Smith due to their size.

Yup, could've swept the during the regular season, the home game at the end of the year just wasn't a well-played game. Big East final was a different story.

MCW, Triche, Southerland, Fair, and Christmas with Cooney, Grant, and Keita off the bench….

Every single one of those guys could defend their butt off.
Every one of those guys would have started this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom