Excited for next year | Syracusefan.com

Excited for next year

SC Orange

2nd String
Although we are all disappointed with losing earlier than we all believe we should have I personally am already looking forward to next year. Every year cannot be a final four year and we have been spoiled by great success lately. All we can do is keep on keeping on.

We have two high level guys coming in next year and may only lose two players. If Ennis and Grant stay watch out. We may be in for a similar start to this years team.

Keep your heads up and patiently wait for the Grant and Ennis decisions to come through.

I can't wait either. Losing the tip and watching the opposing team from High Point Low point and god unknown schools from places between play before 25000 fans talking about how the team is ranked to be a final four team again and watching the defense allowing the other team to hold the ball for 30 seconds and then launch up threes that go in and then the SU guard takes ball up court and goes east west for 30 seconds all while Cooney breaks local Marathon records running in circles and then finally Grant gets ball to do his twirling whirling spin move into three defenders. Followed by JAB press where he states the other team was very good and we played good defense. And the board chimes in that the team has tired legs.

I can't wait either. Losing the tip and watching the opposing team from High Point Low point and god unknown schools from places between play before 25000 fans talking about how the team is ranked to be a final four team again and watching the defense allowing the other team to hold the ball for 30 seconds and then launch up threes that go in and then the SU guard takes ball up court and goes east west for 30 seconds all while Cooney breaks local Marathon records running in circles and then finally Grant gets ball to do his twirling whirling spin move into three defenders. Followed by JAB press where he states the other team was very good and we played good defense. And the board chimes in that the team has tired legs.

If it makes you so miserable and you feel that the coaches and players are incompetent, why do you watch?

I'm sure there are plenty of other things you could do with your time.

If it makes you so miserable and you feel that the coaches and players are incompetent, why do you watch?

Duke lost in the first round.

Although we are all disappointed with losing earlier than we all believe we should have I personally am already looking forward to next year. Every year cannot be a final four year and we have been spoiled by great success lately. All we can do is keep on keeping on.

We have two high level guys coming in next year and may only lose two players. If Ennis and Grant stay watch out. We may be in for a similar start to this years team.

Keep your heads up and patiently wait for the Grant and Ennis decisions to come through.

If both Grant and Ennis stay we will be great. If Grant leaves we will be good. If Ennis leaves we will in trouble. If both Grant and Ennis leave we are in for a long season. I don't think K-JO2 has the same creds coming in as Ennis. As much as McCull looks great in the highlight films so did DaJuan. Sometimes the five-star rated recruits need a year or two to develop.

CJ Fair made a comment one time that Obokoh had an uncanny ability to always come up with the rebound in a crowd during practice. I am interested in seeing if he has special powers during real games.

Whatever happens we need to have a good team. Both UNC and Duke have very good recruiting classes coming in next year. And we also have Louisville joining the ACC. We may be in for a very tough year depending on who departs for the NBA.

If both Grant and Ennis stay we will be great. If Grant leaves we will be good. If Ennis leaves we will in trouble. If both Grant and Ennis leave we are in for a long season. I don't think K-JO2 has the same creds coming in as Ennis. As much as McCull looks great in the highlight films so did DaJuan. Sometimes the five-star rated recruits need a year or two to develop.

CJ Fair made a comment one time that Obokoh had an uncanny ability to always come up with the rebound in a crowd during practice. I am interested in seeing if he has special powers during real games.

Whatever happens we need to have a good team. Both UNC and Duke have very good recruiting classes coming in next year. And we also have Louisville joining the ACC. We may be in for a very tough year depending on who departs for the NBA.

I don't think we necessarily are in trouble if Ennis leaves. Joseph will come in and hes more like Johnny Flynn if anything. Either way I think the running game returns next year.

I have asked him this question several times, particularly in the chat room. He never answers. I guess he likes to be miserable...

One thing we know - with CJ and Baye moving on, coach is losing arguably the two players he trusts the most. If Ennis and/or Grant go, take two more standbys out of the rotation. If Coleman isn't healthy, that's another.

That means new faces have new opportunities. That's part of what makes college sports fun. Assuming all 5 I mentioned above are gone, slot Joseph and McCullough in for big minutes right out of the gate, and My Three Sons and Chino to become really important, really quickly.

I don't think we necessarily are in trouble if Ennis leaves. Joseph will come in and hes more like Johnny Flynn if anything. Either way I think the running game returns next year.

That's a nice thought.

We have one open scholarship. It would be nice if that somehow gets used by a transfer for a key position if Grant or Ennis leave for the NBA. JB generally doesn't take transfers very often. But man, if Ennis leaves we could sure use an older experience PG.

Number 1 you sound like a uconn fan, whining and complaining. There are many schools that wish they had what Syracuse has. We are at the point where we are getting more respect but are still not considered on par with the Duke and UNC's of the world. We have a great program and the future looks bright and as a fan you should maybe have an ounce of optimism in you. I get you may be pissed how the season ended but if we won one more game would you still sound like Igor?

Number 1 you sound like a uconn fan, whining and complaining. There are many schools that wish they had what Syracuse has. We are at the point where we are getting more respect but are still not considered on par with the Duke and UNC's of the world. We have a great program and the future looks bright and as a fan you should maybe have an ounce of optimism in you. I get you may be pissed how the season ended but if we won one more game would you still sound like Igor?

It could be worse. We could have lost in the first round like Duke.

It could be worse. We could have lost in the first round like Duke.
This loss is equal to a first round upset in my mind. Heck that game was played at a NIT first round game level. I still can't believe that happened, it was a bad dream I can't get outta my head. It's infuriating to watch talented SU teams go down in flames against mid-majors that play four corners and pray for a miracle. At some point it isn't just playing down to your competition its an unsettling pattern. Not properly motivated, perhaps unprepared, or expecting the other team to be intimidated? whatever it is, whenever we face the Dayton's, umasses, & vermonts of the world we look like utter crap... I don't know, but I'd rather play big name teams any day over these mid majors... they are SU's kryptonite in the dance.

This loss is equal to a first round upset in my mind. Heck that game was played at a NIT first round game level. I still can't believe that happened, it was a bad dream I can't get outta my head. It's infuriating to watch talented SU teams go down in flames against mid-majors that play four corners and pray for a miracle. At some point it isn't just playing down to your competition its an unsettling pattern. Not properly motivated, perhaps unprepared, or expecting the other team to be intimidated? whatever it is, whenever we face the Dayton's, umasses, & vermonts of the world we look like utter crap... I don't know, but I'd rather play big name teams any day over these mid majors... they are SU's kryptonite in the dance.

Two 3-point shots made and we win the game.

Dave85 said:

Or two 2 pointers more made, or a couple missed chippies made, or a couple less bad turnovers, or a couple of better tied sneakers or .....

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. I said the same thing as you did right after the game. The truth is everyone shot like crap and we played down to our competition. It is time to pick up our heads and march on. The 2014-2015 season started as soon as we lost. Hopefully our guys are working extra hard and pushing themselves to new levels for next year. I expect big things from everyone.

As fans all we can do is hope that everyone returns a better basketball player. I am not okay with how this season ended but it does do at least one positive thing, provide motivation for everyone next year to be that much better. Hopefully we have a decently favorable ACC schedule and we can win the regular season and ACC tourney. Only time will tell. But no matter what happens I will still be bleeding orange.

MartyMcFly said:

I guess you've missed all of the wins against those types of teams over the years then. Part of being in the ncaat just about every year is that you are going to occasionally lose to mid-majors. It has happened to pretty much every major program. But, if that's what you choose to focus on, have fun with it.

Btw, the A10 this year was not a mid-major.

The big difference in my mind is that Duke will have to relive this in future NCAA tournaments, which I love. My wife, a huge Duke fan (unfortunately), mentioned this after the loss as well. In case anyone forgot, next year people will be reminded how Mercer beat the big boys from Durham (14 seed over a "mighty" 3 seed). This is also the 2nd time out of the last 3 years that Duke has lost in the first round! Come next year around this time, the talking heads will have fun discussing this. Our loss to Dayton, although very frustrating and sad, will be forgotten among most people.

Losing in the first round when you are seeded high is something people don't forget, as we all know very well. Losing in the second round isn't good (obviously); however, it just isn't the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom